Muscle and Science
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Doggcrapp routine????

CFB pointed me towards this workout and I am very interested in it. has anyone here tried it or currently using it if so how do you like it?

I just read about this the other night.

I heard its a good routine, and I'll try and find the link for it.

Sweet thanks, I've found it I've done a ton of reading since yesterday it makes a lot of since. Im gonna give it a try I just started a bulking cycle so ill add a new workout to go with it sweet

I can't find this one site that had all different types of the DC workouts.

Check this out from BB.com it kinda has the line up http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw53.htm

Z Rep
    Go to intensemuscle.com and you can read all about DC. Start in the Pound Puppy forum, read the stickies, then re-read them and then re-read them one more time. Learn how to use the search button and if you have questions, be polite and show respect. It's a tough board but those guys there are very knowledgeable. Dante (Doggcrapp) posts there, answers questions and is a very good guy.

I trained DC for a lot of years and put on a shitload of muscle by following it to a "T". It's not something to tweak, just lift lots of heavy ass iron, eat as Dante suggests and get your rest. If you are prepared, Dante recommends DC for serious lifters only as it is not a beginner routine, you will grow.

If you'd like more info or help, PM me.

Awesome guys thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic5150 View Post
    Go to intensemuscle.com and you can read all about DC. Start in the Pound Puppy forum, read the stickies, then re-read them and then re-read them one more time. Learn how to use the search button and if you have questions, be polite and show respect. It's a tough board but those guys there are very knowledgeable. Dante (Doggcrapp) posts there, answers questions and is a very good guy.

I trained DC for a lot of years and put on a shitload of muscle by following it to a "T". It's not something to tweak, just lift lots of heavy ass iron, eat as Dante suggests and get your rest. If you are prepared, Dante recommends DC for serious lifters only as it is not a beginner routine, you will grow.

If you'd like more info or help, PM me.
    How good is it for the skinny SOB like myself that hardly puts on any muscle. I know the concept works decent because for 3 months i did squats 3 times a week and put on a little muscle more than normal, just can't get this top half to grow right.

Z Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph View Post
    How good is it for the skinny SOB like myself that hardly puts on any muscle. I know the concept works decent because for 3 months i did squats 3 times a week and put on a little muscle more than normal, just can't get this top half to grow right.

Dante started out at like 145, he's been 300 plus. Gaining size is a product of diet moreso then training. Training is just a catalyst for growth, but in my opinion diet is 90% of the equation. On DC you pound the protein, I was eating 600-650 grams of protein a day during my biggest growth period.

Also, you won't be doing say squats every week, but you will hit a body part twice weekly depending on your rotation. Like i said, read the stickies, a very good one is posted by elroy and answers a ton of questions. Hit me up if you need help, I'm here at least once a day.

i been a reading SOB for 2 hours now over there. i could spend a month reading over there and still not take it all in. I had to join up over there too. It wouldn't let me read without registering. i want to do it.

i been reading for hours and really don't see a clear cut workout routine. Just examples of routines. i just may be a dumbass, IDK.

Ectomorph,

Check out http://www.thepumpingstation.com/doggcrapp.html and http://dc-training.blogspot.com/ These sites were very helpful to me when I put together my doggcrapp routine. I did it for a few months and then stopped due to an injury. I switched back to my old routine but may go back to it. The other problem that I have is that I work out by myself and some of the doggcrapp techniques to exhaust the muscle really require a spotter.

That first link was good. That cleared it up for me.

Z Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph View Post
    i been reading for hours and really don't see a clear cut workout routine. Just examples of routines. i just may be a dumbass, IDK.
    Read some more. In a nutshell, pick your 3 favorite exercises for the following bodyparts,

Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Back thickness

Biceps
    Forearms
    Calves
    Hamstrings
    Quads.

Once you do that, you rotate through 3 upper body sessions and 3 lower body sessions. It's easy once you get it. Some bodyparts are trained rest-pause and some by straight sets.

Z Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpvtx View Post
    Ectomorph,

Check out http://www.thepumpingstation.com/doggcrapp.html and http://dc-training.blogspot.com/ These sites were very helpful to me when I put together my doggcrapp routine. I did it for a few months and then stopped due to an injury. I switched back to my old routine but may go back to it. The other problem that I have is that I work out by myself and some of the doggcrapp techniques to exhaust the muscle really require a spotter.

In regards to the bolded section of your post, I trained by myself and it can be done. You learn to use machines, Smith machines etc and to ask for a spot when needed. It can be done, trust me.

I should have clarified, I work out by myself at home. First thing in the morning. I have a power rack, weights to 500 lbs, DBs to 70 lbs, dip station, pull up bar, etc. It can be done, even with this setup as I did it for several months, but it is more difficult then if you had a spotter.

Z Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpvtx View Post
    I should have clarified, I work out by myself at home. First thing in the morning. I have a power rack, weights to 500 lbs, DBs to 70 lbs, dip station, pull up bar, etc. It can be done, even with this setup as I did it for several months, but it is more difficult then if you had a spotter.
    You'd be really hard pressed to do DC at home due to exercise limitations. I actually use 2 separate gyms to train at, makes exercise rotation easy.

Ecto im gonna do it to ive been reading my ass off since yesterday?

Z Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgordy243 View Post

It's a very well thought out program and if you follow it and don't over think it, you will gain size and strength. Just remember, its Dante's baby, do him right by following it as written and don't think that you know better then he does. I don't throw out the term genius often, Dante is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgordy243 View Post
    Me too, I start tomorrow. And tonight when i get home i am going to kinda do a practice run of those stretches, or at least get them in my head a little better. I don't expect it to be perfect the first week. my first week may be light on the weight, don't want to overshoot and waste the whole workout.

I may have to give it a try. I like how u focus on 3 sets a day, I'm bad about trying to use all the machines in the gym every time I go in there.