Muscle and Science
    Unfortunately Australia land of the most strict customs :(

whats the best cardio to do in order to stay somewhat fit but maintain mass

whats the best cardio to do in order to stay somewhat fit but maintain mass?

doing MMA and need to up the cardio, thanks guys

Just do 10-15min cardio before weight training ..personally I think of it as a to each is own kind of thing.. There are a few dudes MMA training at my local gym and some dod intense cardio..others don't do any ..the ones doing intense give me an impression of "being more in to it" so to speak.. What do you mean by stay somewhat fit?

It depends on your goals, genetics, I find that I don't need a lot of cardio to stay lean, it's really 80 % diet..
    The trick is finding what the "right" amount is for u.. I do 20 min 2-3 X a week post workout.

yes its gunna depend on you, i do 2 hrs a day on the treadmill during cutting to get all the way shredded as a BBer but everybody's different... Having your diet on point is how you sustain and gain muscle along with weight training and your genetics, Diet and amount of cardio you do regardless of what it is is how you get your bf down... As an MMA man i would say at least 30 min of the treadmill or whatever should be a good start IMO

Well I do not think you need to do cardio exercise because you are already on weight training which might make you fit . You also have to focus on diet also . But if you really want to do cardio then you can start if half an hour before weight training but try not to eat something before cardio and training .

I have just always done short 10 to 15 minute blasts on the treadmill due to the fact that my BF is 10% and I start losing muscle mass when I overdo cardio. You should do enough to bump your metabolism up and burn excess calories. Hope this helps..

It has been said fucking , not to get confused with sex but a good fucking is probably one of the best exercises. No one ever mentions it

M&S Veteran
    Mass will be related to macros/calories in vs out.

If you burn more calories than you consume you will lose mass.

If you consume more than you burn you will gain mass.

Cardio doesn’t necessarily affect your mass.

Continue to lift and maintain your calories.

I would say HIIT sprints 2x/week and a long slower run would be a good option for your goals.

That was a big bump. I'm pretty terrible at cardio lol I usually walk 2-5mi a day, and if I'm cutting I'll do 3x 5min full sprint sessions throughout the day which adds another 2-2.5mi

M&S Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenolin View Post
    That was a big bump. I'm pretty terrible at cardio lol I usually walk 2-5mi a day, and if I'm cutting I'll do 3x 5min full sprint sessions throughout the day which adds another 2-2.5mi
    Ha! Wow that’s embarrassing. Think I saw it as a related thread and didn’t check dates.

Hope op found his answer!