Muscle and Science
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MK-677 Oral GH Secretagogue

MK-677 Oral HGH Secretagogue
    Info / Links to Studies

Complements from JJB and our other brothers over on AUG!

MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue, reverses diet-induced catabolism.

AuthorsMurphy MG, et al. Show all Journal
    J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):320-5.

Abstract

The reversal of diet-induced negative nitrogen balance by GH suggests a possible therapeutic role for GH treatment in catabolic patients. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, two-period cross-over study was designed to investigate whether MK-677, an orally active nonpeptide mimic of GH-releasing peptide, can reverse diet-induced protein catabolism. Eight healthy volunteers (ages 24-39 yr) were calorically restricted (18 kcal/kg.day) for two 14-day periods. During the last 7 days of each diet period, subjects received either oral MK-677 25 mg or placebo once daily. There was a 14- to 21-day washout interval between periods. During the first week of caloric restriction (i.e. diet alone), daily nitrogen losses were similar for both treatment groups (mean +/- SE; MK-677 group -2.67 +/- 0.40 g/day vs. placebo group -2.83 +/- 0.26 g/day). During the second week (diet and study drug), mean daily nitrogen balance was 0.31 +/- 0.21 g/day in the MK-677 treatment group compared with -1.48 +/- 0.21 g/day in the placebo group (P < 0.01). MK-677 improved nitrogen balance integrated over the 7 days of treatment; area under the curve day 8-14 nitrogen balance response was +2.69 +/- 5.0 (SE) for MK-677 and -8.97 +/- 5.26 g.day for placebo (P < 0.001). MK-677 produced a peak GH response of 55.9 +/- 31.7 micrograms/L after single dose (day 1 of treatment) and 22.6 +/- 9.3 micrograms/L after a week of dosing compared with placebo treatment peak GH values of approximately 9 (treatment day 1) and approximately 7 micrograms/L (treatment day 7). Following the initial 7-day caloric restriction, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) declined from 232 +/- 25 to 186 +/- 19 ng/mL in the MK-677 group and from 236 +/- 19 to 174 +/- 23 ng/mL in the placebo group. Mean IGF-I concentration increased significantly during MK-677 to 264 +/- 31 ng/mL (mean for the last 5 days of treatment) compared with 188 +/- 19 ng/mL with placebo (P < 0.01). No significant difference in IGF binding protein-2 was found between the MK-677 and placebo treatments. However, the mean in IGF binding protein-3 for the last 5 days of MK-677 treatment was also significantly increased to 3273 +/- 330 ng/mL (mean +/- SE) compared with placebo 2604 +/- 253 ng/mL (P < 0.01). Neither the serum cortisol nor the PRL response was significantly greater after 7 days of MK-677 dosing compared with 7 days of placebo. MK-677 (25 mg) was generally well tolerated and without clinically significant adverse experiences. In conclusion, MK-677 reverses diet-induced nitrogen wasting, suggesting that if these short-term anabolic effects are maintained in patients who are catabolic because of certain acute or chronic disease states, it may be useful in treating catabolic conditions.

Prolonged oral treatment with MK-677, a novel growth hormone secretagogue, improves sleep quality in man.

AuthorsCopinschi G, et al. Show all Journal
    Neuroendocrinology. 1997 Oct;66(4):278-86.

Affiliation
    Abstract
    Previous studies have indicated the existence of common mechanisms regulating sleep and somatotropic activity. In the present study, we investigated the effects of prolonged treatment with a novel, orally active, growth hormone secretagogue (MK-677) on sleep quality in healthy young and older adults. Eight young subjects (18-30 years) followed a double-blind, placebo-controlled, three-period crossover design. Each subject participated in three 7-day treatment periods (with bedtime drug administration), presented in random (Latin square) order, and separated by at least 14 days. Doses were 5 and 25 mg MK-677 and matching placebo. Six older subjects, ages 65-71 years, each participated in two 14-day treatment periods (with bedtime drug administration) separated by a 14-day washout. Doses were 2 and 25 mg MK-677 during the first and second periods, respectively. Baseline sleep and hormonal data were obtained on the 2 days preceding the beginning of the first 14-day treatment period. In young subjects, high-dose MK-677 treatment resulted in an approximately 50% increase in the duration of stage IV and in a more than 20% increase in REM sleep as compared to placebo (p < 0.05). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep decreased from 42% under placebo to 8% under high-dose MK-677 (p < 0.03). In older adults, treatment with MK-677 was associated with a nearly 50% increase in REM sleep (p < 0.05) and a decrease in REM latency (p < 0.02). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep also decreased (p < 0.02). The present findings suggest that MK-677 may simultaneously improve sleep quality and correct the relative hyposomatotropism of senescence.

LINKS TO SOME STUDIES AND SOME MK677 RESEARCH

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=9467534

Summary of Study: Raises serum IGF-1/IGFBP-3, able to REVERSE diet induced nitrogen wasting (protein catabolism due to calorie restriction).
    Done on HEALTHY volunteers.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=9349662

Summary of Study: Sleep patterns were less interrupted, REM and deep sleep was significantly increased. Done on HEALTHY volunteers of age 18-30. Effect was seen much greater in elderly subjects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=8768828

Summary of Study: 7 day study on GH/IGF-1 effects after once daily administration. Showed similar GH release in all three concentrations (placebo/5mg/25mg) but dose dependant increases in serum IGF-1 in 5mg/25mg. Also showed an increase in GH pulses. Done on 9 HEALTHY young males.

Design and biological activities of L-163,191 (MK-0677): a potent, orally active growth hormone secretagogue

This text shows the full chemical structure of MK0677 as well as how to synthesize it, available also in PDF. (It is referred to as L-163,191). Shows btw that oral availability is >60% and that it can form solution with water greater than 100mg/ml.

N-[1(R)-[(1,2-dihydro-1-methanesulfonylspiro[3H-indole-3,4'-piperidin]-1'-y l)carbonyl]-2-(phenylmethyloxy)ethyl]-2-amino-2-methylpropanamide methanesulfonate is MK-0677

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...y=PN%2F5773441

Patent information regarding ibutamoren mesylate.
    FOR 25% OFF USE DISCOUNT CODE: GHOST25

BANNED
    Great read brother thanks for information !! Was thinking bout running it this bulk cycle do u know how long i should run it at what doses do I pyramid it up and down ?

From my research this should be dosed at bed time. You can run it/cycle if for less time then generic gh. The average info around the net is that hgh has to be run for a MIN of 6mths-1year to really see the true benefits of its magic. Although i don't quite agree with this either, I personally feel the effects of hgh quicker than 6months but ket ne stacy on topic. there are a bunch of logs, most of then quite current, that show brothers cycling it like DAC/ghrp2 or similar to a aas cycle. I've seen logs where guys have run it for 16 weeks. There are a bunch of logs on all the boards where Apex is a Sponsor.

As far as pyramiding your dose.
    Start off with 12.5mg and work up to 25mg. Some choose to split the dose AM/PM but my personal opinion there really is no point. 1) it puts you on your ass and makes you severally lethargic more than exogenous hgh. 2)it has a long half live so dosing once per day is all thats nessisary. 3. It will not only give you a deep, long night of sleep with vivid dreams but you will be in a long period of REM sleep receiving multiply pulses of your own natural hgh.

Lets not forget when you take gh whether generic or pharma grade you are only receving one iso form of hgh. When you use research products you are utilizing your own bodies natural growth hormone and receiving all five iso forms of hgh.

Mk-677 is cabable of realsing around dozen pulses of natural HGH of the period of 14 hours/1 day! I have read that the largest pulse it released around the 12 hours after you dose. I think its fair to say that we are just scratching the surface as far as reaserch and studies on mk677.

Hope this helps man.
    Last edited by gh0st-shadows; 10-02-2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added a tab bit more explanation.

Another thing i stated in a previous post is how i usually run generics like year round. 5iu per day and 10iu per day when blasting.(Ill cry if i do the math again on how much it costs and then i wonder why im broke all the time and blame it on the old lady)
    About every 12-16 months I take some time off and switch to peptides. Usually dac or mod1-29 with a ghrp. This must be done because your body will develop anti-bodies to the exogenous gh. With natty gh secreted from your own pituitary gland this will not happen. I personally might just start taking it and run it till the wheels fall off. My buddy gave me a bit more than half a 30ml bottle and i didn't think it would do nothing. I got about 15-10 days out of that bottle stacking it with 5iu of generic. Started with 25mg first day, quickly drooped it to 12.5mg then took and 25 mg for the last week of so. if u look at my posting history there was like a good week where i didn't post much. thats cuz i was on my ass for like a week straight!

I think much more brothers will be giving this a go a shying away from genrics. Not just for results but for price. Shit im going thru a mi of 3 kits every two months. Thats 600iu for 6 months at 5iu a day. And my god when i blast 20 iu EOD when bulking!?!?! Forget about it! This is thousands of dollars a year! that's more than a frigging car payment

mk677 you can get a bottle that will last a full month for under 100 bucks!

I originally started this thread for a few reason. 1 Im making the switch from genrics to mk677 and peptides 2. the lack of infomation and post we have on the board currently and 3. because i came accross some exxcellent post by jjb on AUG and Brotherhood of Pain where Apex is also a Sponsor. JJB1 is something like a beast so who better to take quotes from.
    This is another post made by JJB1 over on BoP.

MK-677 HGH Oral SECRETAGOGUE

MK-677
    is the most convenient form of HGH on the market.

- It is an oral sublingual HGH Secretagogue
    - It only requires one 25mg oral sublingual dose per day
    - It puts out over a dozen low wave HGH pulses per 24 hour period
    - It is stored at room temperature making it convenient for travel
    - Igf-1 increases with each consecutive day of use to extremely high levels
    - Body fat seems to melt off
    - Weight gain comes quickly
    - Sleep is much deeper
    - Endurance is greatly improved while training

Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677:
    no clinical ef... [Neurology. 2008] - PubMed result
    Results: Administration of MK-677 25 mg resulted in a 60.1% increase in serum IGF-1 levels at 6 weeks and a 72.9% increase at 12 months.

Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composi...
    [Ann Intern Med. 2008] - PubMed result
    Results: Over 12 months, the ghrelin mimetic MK-677 enhanced pulsatile growth hormone secretion, significantly increased fat-free mass, and was generally well tolerated. Long-term functional and, ultimately, pharmacoeconomic, studies in elderly persons are indicated.

Following was posted by Elvia on the same thread.
    Great stuff guys. Would like to give much props so the work you guys put in posting and all the research an testing that gets done. IF it wasn't for guys like you, i would be where i am now and esp following JJB's posts, betwwen your research a while back with rips and gh and mod-129 ect and all your other reaserch. With own sounding to much like a kiss ass lol, for real you have really brought my interest gh and into peptides. i been following your posts for like year or two at least now!

Effects of a 7-day treatment with a novel, orally active, growth hormone (GH) secretagogue, MK-677, on 24-hour GH profiles, insulin-like growth factor I, and adrenocortical function in normal young men.

Copinschi G1, Van Onderbergen A, L'Hermite-Balériaux M, Mendel CM, Caufriez A, Leproult R, Bolognese JA, De Smet M, Thorner MO, Van Cauter E.

Abstract

To assess the effects of prolonged administration of a novel analog of GH-releasing peptide (MK-677), nine healthy young men participated in a randomized, double blind, three-period cross-over comparison of orally administered placebo and 5- and 25-mg doses of MK-677. Each period involved bedtime administration of the drug for 7 consecutive days. At the end of each period, plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) were measured at 0745 h, and 24-h profiles of plasma GH and cortisol were obtained at 15-min intervals together with the 24-h urinary excretion of free cortisol. Profiles of plasma free cortisol were calculated at hourly intervals. The amounts of GH secreted were similar in all three conditions, but GH pulse frequency was increased with both dosages of the drug, primarily because of an increase in the number of low amplitude pulses. Plasma IGF-I levels were increased in a dose-dependent manner, whereas IGFBP-3 levels were increased only with the highest dosage. There was a positive relationship between GH pulse frequency and IGF-I increase. Except for an advance in the nocturnal nadir and in the morning elevation, MK-677 had no effect on cortisol profiles. In particular, 24-h mean levels of plasma total and free cortisol and urinary excretion of free cortisol were similar under all conditions. The present data suggest that the use of MK-677 for the treatment of relative somatotropic deficiency, particularly in older adults compromised by such deficiency, deserves further investigation.

Oral growth hormone secretagogues--better than Alice in Wonderland's growth elixir? [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996]

PMID: 8768828 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

BANNED
    Thank u bro !!

No problem brother, please do a log here when you go for your run! We dont have many if any mk677 logs right now! I'm going to get one started in a week or so. Gonna run mk677, with small does of mod1-29 and some ghrp or ipam! I want to run this for at least 20 weeks! Run nothnig but peptides! no aas except trt dose of test!

BANNED
    Will do brother

Excellent posts! Ghost is one knowledge dude. We should be thankful to have guys like that here at M&S!

Thanks to all who contributed!

Damn dude! That's some solid info! I never used SARMs or orally active gH activators yet. Apex's GHRP-6 and MOD has my test subjects eating everything in the house though!! lol

Your on the mod and ghrp-6? I'm starting some in a few days, aong with some lr3.

What are you dosing yours at brother?

100mcgs of each 3 X day. Crazy hunger! Dreams are super crazy. My hands tingle a bit once and a while too. I'm assuming that's a good sign of gH release?

I had a slight nagging shoulder issue started taking mk667 within a week the injury didn't hurt as bad and I can eat a horse a day, the sleep is super deep every night I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hung Daddy View Post
    100mcgs of each 3 X day. Crazy hunger! Dreams are super crazy. My hands tingle a bit once and a while too. I'm assuming that's a good sign of gH release?

Yeah i'm going to dose mine the same. My brother sent me a message saying a pack arrived for me so Im assuming its my goodies from Apex .

Im going to do the same dosing as you. 100/100 3x a day. Im going to switch often tho from ghrp-6, to ipam, going to rotate the growth peptide often and keep a detailed log.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    I had a slight nagging shoulder issue started taking mk667 within a week the injury didn't hurt as bad and I can eat a horse a day, the sleep is super deep every night I love it!
    thanks for the input brother, guys are saying that taking 25mg/day of mk677 is about the equivalent to taking 4iu of hgh per day!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hung Daddy View Post
    yeah seems like you are feeling the full effects. Keep us updated bro!
    I'm going to try and dose pretty much the same 100/100 every like 4 hours. Going to throw mk-677 in at 25mg pre-bed and start the lr3 back up pre w/o. Going to beast it out. Going to lay low off the aas for a tad bit and just cruise at 200mg cyp a week.

Would there be any benefit to running Mk-677 concurrent with exogenous HGH?

yes, from the research i have done i seen guys scored gh serum test in the 70s with 5iu of generics and 25mgs of mk6777!!!!

so fair to say give it a shot, if u use apex contact me before ordering ill try to swing u a slightly better code then in my sig line! if i can

I read 25mgs is most effective dose as well