Muscle and Science

Thread: Lantus

M&S Veteran

Lantus

Was wondering if anyone had a fair amount of experience with this. I have a few questions.

I have been using it
    BGS

Been hearing a lot of good reviews on lantus.

M&S Veteran
    Just wordering if it worthere doing since it takes so long to get into the blood stream and my work out is first thing in the am. Was wondering if it may be worth doing lantus and humilin or something like that to cover my workout

If you don't have diabetes. You will if you start playing with Lantus

M&S Veteran
    I herd it was safe to run in short burst

Quote Originally Posted by Insulindoc View Post
    Just wordering if it worthere doing since it takes so long to get into the blood stream and my work out is first thing in the am. Was wondering if it may be worth doing lantus and humilin or something like that to cover my workout
    Lantus is not a preworkout insulin. There is no real peak like there would be with humilin or humalog. Lantus is a long acting insulin that helps shuttles nutrients all day. I have used 50 iu a day without going hypo. 4 week cycles and I would suggest a GDA ( ALA-R, Berberine, metformin) when off cycle.

I like it because I don't get bloated like I do when I use humalog or humilin. Lantus also gives me a pumps that seems to last all day
    BGS

M&S Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ill gotten gains View Post
    Lantus is not a preworkout insulin. There is no real peak like there would be with humilin or humalog. Lantus is a long acting insulin that helps shuttles nutrients all day. I have used 50 iu a day without going hypo. 4 week cycles and I would suggest a GDA ( ALA-R, Berberine, metformin) when off cycle.

I like it because I don't get bloated like I do when I use humalog or humilin. Lantus also gives me a pumps that seems to last all day
    So would you not recommend doing another inslin preworkout along with lantus?

So would you not recommend doing another inslin preworkout along with lantus?
    You can use another insulin on top of the lantus as a preworkout but lower the dose of the other insulin you are using on top of the insulin.
    BGS

Quote Originally Posted by HughJassol View Post
    If you don't have diabetes. You will if you start playing with Lantus
    A blood glucose meter helps monitor things.
    This was my last run:
    3 weeks
    50 iu lantus
    2 iu humulin r with 1 iu pharma gh x 4 a day

My fasted blood glucose was still between 82-89 so I could have gone longer but chose to cycle off because it was my first run
    BGS

Lol guess some people have to learn the hard way. Knock yourself out. Simple English for everyone to understand. Your body has this weird thing that if it senses a chemical in the body it won't produce more till it's depleted. I.E. inject test and your balls shut down. Inject GH when your body is supposed to release it, it won't. What's the reason they say to not start steroids early? Cause you might shutdown and not start back up. Well keep injecting long acting insulin and the pancreas stops producing. Might not start back up. Guess what that's called? Diabetes

Lol guess some people have to learn the hard way. Knock yourself out. Simple English for everyone to understand. Your body has this weird thing that if it senses a chemical in the body it won't produce more till it's depleted. I.E. inject test and your balls shut down. Inject GH when your body is supposed to release it, it won't. What's the reason they say to not start steroids early? Cause you might shutdown and not start back up. Well keep injecting long acting insulin and the pancreas stops producing. Might not start back up. Guess what that's called? Diabetes
    Hence the reason why people keep the cycles short. Time on time off

Btw, pretty sure OP knows what you are warning us about. I think we are past that point if he is asking for input in regards to use
    BGS

M&S Veteran
    A blood glucose meter helps monitor things.
    This was my last run:
    3 weeks
    50 iu lantus
    2 iu humulin r with 1 iu pharma gh x 4 a day

My fasted blood glucose was still between 82-89 so I could have gone longer but chose to cycle off because it was my first run
    You are a wealth of knowledge and it comes from first hand experience. I thank you very much sir.

Hence the reason why people keep the cycles short. Time on time off

Btw, pretty sure OP knows what you are warning us about. I think we are past that point if he is asking for input in regards to use
    So you've only used it once for 3 weeks and you are recommending it? Guess if you think its going to do that much to outweigh the risks knock yourself out. Im bigger then most and only tried Humlin-R for 3 weeks once. Didn't like it. But to each his own. Just don't sit here and tell people how safe it is when you've only used it once. Its not safe, insulin is the most powerful hormone in the body and being a diabetic for life isn't either.

Just a note .

Please use correct unit of measurement when talking insulin dosages .

Its units not iu's .

Someone maybe reading this and ACTUALLY not know how to dose correctly .

I like humulin -R and just 3 weeks i do not see more results more than that

So you've only used it once for 3 weeks and you are recommending it? Guess if you think its going to do that much to outweigh the risks knock yourself out. Im bigger then most and only tried Humlin-R for 3 weeks once. Didn't like it. But to each his own. Just don't sit here and tell people how safe it is when you've only used it once. Its not safe, insulin is the most powerful hormone in the body and being a diabetic for life isn't either.

I apologize for being so cavalier about the safety of insulin. I probably should have been more specific about it.

I have plenty of experience with log and r. Yes, it was a 3 week run with lantus where I worked my doses up. Lantus is nothing like using log or r. You do not have to time your carbs around the injections like log or r. The chances of going hypo on lantus is much less than log or r. I monitor my blood glucose and keep notes. Insulin can be dangerous but doing your homework and self awareness is a must. Unless you have used lantus to compare, you will continue to think that you can go hypo on it the same as youj would on log or r. I do agree that lantus can turn you diabetic same as log or r.
    Last edited by ill gotten gains; 02-11-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    BGS

M&S Veteran
    I was worried this post might stir up something

In your Mom's backyard, cleaning her Pool...!
    Was wondering if anyone had a fair amount of experience with this. I have a few questions.
    "Lantus" specifically....? Or Insulin in general..?

I'm not entirely familiar with Lantus, whether it is just another form of slin { that mimic's the body's own, Like Humulin-R., or something entirely different...! }

But, have used both, Novalog/ Humalog, and to a lesser extent, the Humulin-R, along with GH, and t3,/or t4 or combo thereof..! I certainly aren't going to boast it, especially in an irresponsible way. All, are, and can be dangerous, if you don't know WTF your doing.

And "always" heed caution to the wind, as in what to expect, and/or to 'justify' it's use, as it can be dangerous,
    and recommended "only" for Pro's, or chasing elite pro status.

'Size'
    Don't ask the Question, If your 'NOT ' prepared to
    Hear the answer.......!,

I "Don't" sugar coat shit....!
    I'm 'not' Willy Wonka....!

I was worried this post might stir up something
    I should have replied in a more informative manner. My initial reply was careless and created a nonchalant
    Attitude.
    My apologies to the board members
    BGS