Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thread: Bursitis!!

Bursitis!!

Anyone have any good tips or advice for shoulder bursitis??? Doc said to do nothing for weeks.. That ain't gona happen... Anything work well besides ice packs? Got that covered

My wife would get bursitis on her hips from doing squats and long walks. She did physical therapy but ended up having to get surgery.

The physical therapy did help but it was too serious for being in her 20's. Surgery did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb5076 View Post
    Anyone have any good tips or advice for shoulder bursitis??? Doc said to do nothing for weeks.. That ain't gona happen... Anything work well besides ice packs? Got that covered
    My girl is a physical therapist and said ice, stretching, and E Stim is about all you can as long as you are going to stay active. As far as E Stim goes if you don't already have a tens unit you can get a decent one on Amazon for around $50.

I got an ultrasound and some injection cortisone or something.. Felt better a day or two... Then right back to the shits... Definitely for the birds this sucks!!

You should get an MRI bro, you probably have a year. What kind of doctor diagnosed your issue? An orthopedic or PCP?

I have it in my hips and did have hip surgery 9 years ago. It is resurfacing again and when it gets bad, of course, rest is the best. I use turmeric on a regular basis to help inflammation and it has been helpful.

Prednisone. Stretching helps I got in hips also. Nothing serious .

I bought injectable dexamethasone and injectable torolac and it worked wonders for me. Now I'm just injecting pentosan for cartilage repair maintenance once a week.