Apex Peptides

Report: Robbie Lawler vs. Donald Cerrone Set For UFC 213

By Mike Henken -
    Apr 3, 2017

A pivotal welterweight fight appears to be set for July 8’s UFC 213, which will take place during International Fight Week in Las Vegas, Nevada.

According to a report from ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, UFC President Dana White has confirmed that former 170-pound champion Robbie Lawler will return to the cage to take on Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone:

BREAKING: Per @danawhite, @Ruthless_RL vs. @Cowboycerrone is a done deal for UFC 213 on July 8 in Las Vegas.

10:10 PM - 3 Apr 2017

Lawler, who remains ranked at No. 2 in the division, hasn’t competed since last July when he was brutally knocked out by Tyron Woodley in the first round of their UFC 201 main event where he surrendered his title in the process.

The No. 8-ranked Cerrone, on the other hand, was riding a four fight win streak since moving up to welterweight in Feb. 2016, but he suffered a stoppage loss to Jorge Masvidal this past January in Denver, Colorado.

Lawler and Cerrone were actually scheduled to meet last November at UFC 205 in New York City, but Lawler made it clear that he needed more time to recover after the knockout loss to Woodley.

Who do you expect to come out on top when these two 170-pound warriors meet this summer?
    FREEDOM IS SOMETHING TAKEN

This will be a barn burner for sure. It's the most anticipated fight this year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
    This will be a barn burner for sure. It's the most anticipated fight this year for me.

Should definitely be a brawl.

I can't see cereone beating lawler after losing to masdival... should be a good fight though

Quote Originally Posted by Jas84 View Post
    I can't see cereone beating lawler after losing to masdival... should be a good fight though
    One thing Cowboy has is an 8 point attack vs Lawler's boxing/brawling style. Lawler has a granite chin (although it could be compromised after this last devastating KO) but Cerrone has wicked leg kicks. Lawler has been susceptible to leg kicks throughout his career. I'm rooting for Lawler but I believe Father Time is knocking on his door.

I hope it will be good fight

I'll definitely be there watching it but McGregor is gonna get hammered.He's a good MMA fighter but in a boxing match against MayWeather he's not in his league.He's got smashed by Diaz and Diaz is no MayWeather in any way shape or form.

Well we've had boxers come into an MMA fight and have their asses handed to them,so it's time to see how it fares the other way.

gonna be a good fight but im confused why someone that just lost the belt is fighting a 8 ranked fighter?

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
    I'll definitely be there watching it but McGregor is gonna get hammered.He's a good MMA fighter but in a boxing match against MayWeather he's not in his league.He's got smashed by Diaz and Diaz is no MayWeather in any way shape or form.

Well we've had boxers come into an MMA fight and have their asses handed to them,so it's time to see how it fares the other way.
    EXACTLY.. mcgregor has a nice punch in MMA, His hands are no where near a skilled boxer though. footwork and all is gonna be completely diff than what he used to

@dirt yeah I don't get why lawler would fight cerrone either but the UFC has been doing weird things with these fights lately... and Conner only has a punchers chance if he does fight Floyd... no way a guy goes in to a ring with maybe 1 year strictly boxing experience and beats Floyd whose been at it for a prob longer then Conners been walking on his own to feet...
    anyways hopefully I can find someone to bet with cause the odds are way to lopsided to bet with a bookie or in Vegas unless you pick Conner

Quote Originally Posted by Jas84 View Post
    @dirt yeah I don't get why lawler would fight cerrone either but the UFC has been doing weird things with these fights lately... and Conner only has a punchers chance if he does fight Floyd... no way a guy goes in to a ring with maybe 1 year strictly boxing experience and beats Floyd whose been at it for a prob longer then Conners been walking on his own to feet...
    anyways hopefully I can find someone to bet with cause the odds are way to lopsided to bet with a bookie or in Vegas unless you pick Conner
    It's about the draw. This would be a fan favorite fight that should be a pretty big draw. Two very aggressive strike-heavy fighters who both just move forward.

BANNED

Report Robbie Lawler vs Donald Cerrone Set For UFC 213

What a "fight" lol

So bad they didn't get post fight interviews. When do you ever see a PPV co main event not get a post fight interview?? It was THAT bad.