Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Wants To See The Fear In Opponents

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Wants To See The Fear In Opponents

Nov 12, 2016; New York, NY, USA; Joanna Jedrzejczyk (red gloves) reacts after defeating Karolina Kowalkiewicz (blue gloves) in their strawweight title bout during UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports
    Reigning UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczk is set to defend her 115-pound title for the fifth consecutive time when she takes on No. 3-ranked Jessica Andrade in the co-main event of May 13s UFC 211 from Dallas, Texas.

Joanna Champion has made a name for herself by being vicious and relentless not only inside in the cage, but outside of it as well. In fact, she recently said that she wants to see the fear in her opponents:

Staredowns are very important. Even the media days are very important because that time we have the first chance to face our opponents during the fight week. This is what Conor [McGregor] said, we can see inside the people, Jedrzejczyk explained when speaking to FOX Sports.

I like to look deep into my opponents eyes, I want to look into the soul, I want to see the fear.

When it comes to stare downs and pre-fight hype, some fans have been critical if they feel as if the build-up is fake or manufactured. Jedrzejczyk, however, said that its all real:
    The thing is we are not acting before the fights. Its all real, Jedrzejczyk said. We train so hard before every fight. Every fight is different. Every opponent is different. I give 100-percent every day. When I sleep, when I eat, when Im relaxing and when Im training because this is what makes me a better fighter, a better champion.

The thing is there is no option that youre going to step back or youre going to show the fear. There is no chance and no time for it. You must show to your opponents that you are the toughest chick or guy on the planet. You must show there is no more playing. We throw hard cards and were going to play a hard game tomorrow after the weigh-ins at the day of the fight.

Do you see Joanna Champion continuing her win streak against Andrade?
    FREEDOM IS SOMETHING TAKEN

I know she still has to win her fight in a couple weeks but her vs "thug" rose is gonna be good . I think Johanna is starting to get ahead of herself and rose is gonna wake her up

If I was standing across from her in a cage you'd sure see fear in my eyes

As much as I dislike her bully attitude she is a very highly skilled fighter. As soon as she runs into a wrester with endurance she will lose. But her stand-up is fukon amazing.

I've definitely been impressed by her takedown defense so far against both esparza and gadelha (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by Blash74 View Post
    As much as I dislike her bully attitude she is a very highly skilled fighter. As soon as she runs into a wrester with endurance she will lose. But her stand-up is fukon amazing.
    She did. Carla Esparza was considered the best wrestler in the weight class and she put a spanking on her. I still think she doesn't get the respect deserved. There has always been doubters since the beginning but I'm a believer. She will hold the belt for a very long time. I got the chance to meet her in person a few years back before she won the belt and she's very nice and humble. Her "bully attitude" is to get into opponents heads. She's very humble in real life. Once I get home from this trip I will post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
    She did. Carla Esparza was considered the best wrestler in the weight class and she put a spanking on her. I still think she doesn't get the respect deserved. There has always been doubters since the beginning but I'm a believer. She will hold the belt for a very long time. I got the chance to meet her in person a few years back before she won the belt and she's very nice and humble. Her "bully attitude" is to get into opponents heads. She's very humble in real life. Once I get home from this trip I will post a pic.
    Yea her endurance looked like shit after round three. Shame cause she was kicking ass. Props to her though she weathered the storm and picked her apart after that.
    Hey cool man. Would love to see the pics.

Her striking is amazing, her skill level is so much higher than her competition. Thug rose is probably best shot at beating her but I'm not sure she can handle her striking

This dude is straight bad ass! Amazing foot work and hand/eye coordination. She'll keep that belt as long as might mouse Johnson