Muscle and Science
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Ok i thought i posted the other night. It was kinda late. Guess i fell asleep and it didnt go through.
    So this will be a shorter version.
    Made some big strides in recovery and rom.
    Also, during therapy we have added machines along with bands and dumbells.
    Still doing about 1hr of stretching every night before bed laying on the floor. I have a hard massage ball i place behind my scapula and move it to different spots up and down the lats and delt. At each spot i may stay there up to 10 or 15 minutes allowing my arm to stretch out to the side and above my head. We have really pushed hard trying to get the rotation back in the upper arm/shoulder. Seems to be helping but it is relentless.
    Ive just moved up to 25s on dumbells for curls. And forearms. I havent done any shoulder pressing movements. This is where the arm needs to rotate so im in position to do these.
    My last visit to therapy was Just under 2 hrs in time.
    Incorporated some modified pushups, military and diamonds. Ball throws, rows with weights(close grip) high and low. I know i havent added in everything but dont wanna make this to long!
    I feel im ready to start back pushing for some strength.
    Get into a slightly modified routine but effective.
    I believe its time to start a log and dial in cardio and training now. Chest i will have some questions and open to suggestions. Same will go with back and pulldowns. Main goal, drop all this fat ive picked up and get to work. No fucking around. No excuses... I see the ortho next week the 3rd. I assume i will be back to work the 8th. I have to clear some things with My ortho but i believe she should go along with what im asking.

APPLY: mace15 for 15% Off. Coupon works on all sites.

Seen the the ortho. Back to work full duty!

There are still issues but i was told i may lose 7-10% of my range of motion. Also, i was told no ball throwing at all. Im suppose to be seen again in 3 months. As for now, continue therapy at home. Funny thing is when i brought this up she was very fast to say no throwing !!! Yet in therapy ive been doin ball throwing into a net with a weighted ball. Oopsy.

I was told i can do most things. No jaring/ jerking movements. I can do pushups for strengthing my chest. I can do bench but she doesn't want me to go below parallel.

I return to work sunday night. 11-7 for the week.

Gonn Keep things kinda light, work on increases my strength(should be easy) keep higher reps. Dropsets, supersets. Time under tention. Etc.

So now its actually time to get my fat ass back in shape. Update shortly

First week back and things here(work)have really taken a dive. On a good note. Im feeling pretty good. Work 7p-7a today. Im making money and cannot complain. Being out of work and really out of commission for such a long period of time really gives you a different perspective on things. A clearer perspective.

All therapy from here on out is being done at home, work, or the gym.

Tonight ive completed some of my stretching, a 25 minute jog, 3 sets of regular pushups.
    For shoulder presses, im using the lightest band i have because i still cannot rotate the lower arm and hand into that throwing position. So it kinda moves in a slightly forward upward motion.

I am able to do corkscrew/swimmer press a little easier since it starts in at the shoulder and rotates upward.

Will update more in a few hrs.

Tonight im gonna do some light delts concentrate on tut. Slow and methodical.
    Followed by some biceps/triceps.
    And probable stretching the back/bicep/shoulder with the bands in a pulldown position.

Ok so today im at the orthos waiting to be seen. Believe this is my last visit. After this hoping to be given the clear to begin pushing myself without to many restrictions/restraints. Then i will begin my process with my lawyer and getting paid for 5months i was out of work. Cross your fingers.

Then a real log will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by macedog24 View Post
    Ok so today im at the orthos waiting to be seen. Believe this is my last visit. After this hoping to be given the clear to begin pushing myself without to many restrictions/restraints. Then i will begin my process with my lawyer and getting paid for 5months i was out of work. Cross your fingers.

Then a real log will begin.
    Ok i was fully released from my ortho....
    Told i can go full blast (no pun intended)now in the gym. Have some issues but she was very surprised with my strength and were i am considering ive been doing therapy on my own the last 8 weeks. Still have some range of motion issues.. Expected.. And sleeping is a bitch.. I cannot sleep on the right arm, up above my head. Well i can but i will end up with a severe head ache and pinching in the traps up the neck into the back of my head.
    Unfortunately this use to be my preference..
    So ive been cleared for bench, dips, oh presses, pulldowns.. So time to stop making excuses and get my ass moving and hit it hard but smart..
    Warming up the shoulder for about 5-6 minutes before i workout is recommended..

Ok i was fully released from my ortho....
    Told i can go full blast (no pun intended)now in the gym. Have some issues but she was very surprised with my strength and were i am considering ive been doing therapy on my own the last 8 weeks. Still have some range of motion issues.. Expected.. And sleeping is a bitch.. I cannot sleep on the right arm, up above my head. Well i can but i will end up with a severe head ache and pinching in the traps up the neck into the back of my head.
    Unfortunately this use to be my preference..
    So ive been cleared for bench, dips, oh presses, pulldowns.. So time to stop making excuses and get my ass moving and hit it hard but smart..
    Warming up the shoulder for about 5-6 minutes before i workout is recommended..
    Careful bro!! Go really light for a while. That range of motion may never come back, mine didnít.

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Careful bro!! Go really light for a while. That range of motion may never come back, mine didnít.
    i ve been getting a good stretch. Im glad to be given the green light.. Ive been afraid to just do it before hand.. This way ive been given the clear and if anything would happen it wouldnt be because i didnt follow directions or jumped the gun. This was my whole concern.

Great news, Mace! Get it bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Great news, Mace! Get it bro!!
    Thanks.. This has been a long 2 yrs. Hopefully everything follows in the right direction with my lawyer..
    Now its time to just get back into a solid routine and stay the course..

Thanks.. This has been a long 2 yrs. Hopefully everything follows in the right direction with my lawyer..
    Now its time to just get back into a solid routine and stay the course..
    Sure hope so, man. I couldnít imagine going that long without a check. Keep your head up!

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Yea, during my own therapy i really pushed myself with stretching. I think i need a massage therapist/ chiropractor to work my upper back and scapula /rear delts /traps. To relax, loosen and release. This was my favorite part of therapy . Having my upper back, shoulder , and neck worked on. Other wise that whole area wasnt working in sync. But seperately. It was a very clumsy and clunky feeling.
    My right bicep is gone. So im gonna need a shit ton of work and strengthening. But im game.. A good support team helps!