Apex Peptides

Sharing my dieting trek

I've always fought my weight, not so much weight, but body fat. I'm naturally a heavy guy, I weighed 195lbs as a sophomore in high school while running on the cross country team and I'm only 5'10"! My body goal has never been to be the thinnest or the biggest, but rather to be well proportioned and toned. As I got into my twenties, it became harder and harder to keep the body fat down, and then came the knowledge that diabetes ran in my fathers side of the family when he was diagnosed diabetic at 58. I was 29 then. So I started researching nutrition. I am now 48, I weigh 205lbs, I have a 30" waist and a 45" chest, hover around ten percent body fat. My recent blood tests show no markers for diabetes. I am NOT a gym rat, and when I'm in the gym I lift with intensity and take few rests, I'm usually spent and done in well under an hour. I'm not going for pro bodybuilding looks, and when I've stepped on the stage it's more for fun and personal pride than anything

My first eye opening book was Barry Sears' "The Zone" which taught me the importance of monitoring insulin in your body through low glycemic foods.

The second was several long form articles by Dan Duchane showing the valuable uses of a ketagenic diet. That was a breakthrough for me which allowed me to finally get below 10% body fat for the first time in my adult life.

Another piece of the puzzle came through the book "Wheat Belly" which shows the actual science behind why modern day wheat products can rain hell on a guy like me that fights easy body fat gain, and feels like crap after I eat bread or pasta

My favorite is the book "The Big Fat Suprise" in which the author did EXTENSIVE research to figure out why that, as a food critic that ate the richest pork belly and rib steaks nightly (being a renowned food critic restaurants always served her their tastiest food) she LOST weight instead of gaining it. Her research is extremely in-depth and proves (at least to me through my experience) that what the average person has been taught about fat in the diet is very misguided, and wrong. Why is it that as a whole we eat less fat than ever before, yet obesity rates and the diseases and conditions associated with it are skyrocketing?

The final piece of the puzzle I've discovered, at least for me, was the book "The Ultimate Guide To Fasting". I now eat 1 meal a day, have saved hundreds of $'s a month on powders and bars, plus don't have to worry about planning and carrying food with me everywhere I go. Now, before anyone yells (or types) raging bullshit, I AM MERELY SHARING MY RESEARCH AND WHAT WORKS FOR ME. Others may have different goals and that's fine by me, but if there's other people that try to "eat healthy" or "eat clean" yet can't seem to drop the body fat for a leaner look, I'm merely sharing what I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by waybig View Post
    ...but if there's other people that try to "eat healthy" or "eat clean" yet can't seem to drop the body fat for a leaner look, I'm merely sharing what I've found.
    Thats me right there.

I'm looking for a similar diet for myself. I have a very hard time eating and I'm very sensitive to wheat, dairy products and caffine. I leave those out of my diet completely now and feel a lot better. But I'm struggling getting even 2000 calories down, ideally I should consume about 3000+....
    Can you elaborate a bit on how that one meal you eat looks like? I would love to try something like that.

Nice collection of axes there! I'll elaborate by saying that my meal starts with the protein and all else is built around that. I don't worry about fat, because due to my research and experience, fat is NOT as bad as we've been led to believe, plus, it a great source of energy. My typical meal starts with a snack around 5, a handful of cashews or corn tortilla chips with a cream cheese/salsa dip. Then a ribeye steak around 16 ounces with potatoes, salad or rice as a condiment. The steak is over a thousand calories, so it's a good place to start. If I'm a little hungry later on, peanut butter.

If you're on this forum I assume you know something about AAS use, maybe some experience. Keep in mind why AAS was invented, to save imaciated starving people from dying in Eastern Europe after WW2. And, it changes the way a body synthesizes nutrients, specifically protein. So, considering most nutrient intake tables are based on "non" AAS using people or athletes, don't base your caloric intake on the common ideals.

Always wanted an SG btw, never seemed to find e right one at the right time. Heavy though LOL

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for sharing. That steak sounds great! It all sounds very similar to what I'm eating, however I've been doing smaller portions several times a day. I think thats why I'm having trouble eating, some fasting would help with my appetite so I'll try that.
    I have been natty for many years now and my workouts are average these days, kinda tough to find where that baseline is, but we'll see. I just had it hammered in my head that I need to be eating constantly or go catabolic. I'm kind of restructuring everything at the moment and eating one or two meals at a day sounds perfect, the constant hassle with keeping up on those meals is part of the reason why I distanced myself from bodybuilding over the last few years.

Yea those guitars aren't mine unfortunately, I'm always looking for a nice old SG too, they just had a different neck back then, seemed thinner and just feels better to me. Too bad they don't get cheaper as time goes by...

We've all had the "don't eat, go catabolic" drilled into us. I'm not gonna argue with anyone over it, this just makes sense and works for me. It just never made sense that our bodies would start eating our muscle first in the lack of food, when it's commonly accepted that our fat stores are their specifically as backup energy in times of starvation, and experiments have literally gone on for over a hundred years that show our bodies synthesize our fat first.

You make a good point too in that, if our meal planning becomes such a burden that we stop training, what what are we going to gain?