Apex Peptides
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Marriage advice

  1. #1
    Member bigbreads80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    33

    Post Marriage advice

    Just a book id thought I'd share for anyone who's in need. Saved my marriage and myself to an extent. It's called Manly Marriage Revival. Kind of a silly name, I know. I'm fully prepared to get made fun of as alot of this runs counter to what the new age line of thinking is. That's cool. I can take it.

    But if you are in a place you think this could help , I'd highly recommend it. Alot of it is helpful even outside of relationships for just being a man in general. I grew up with a total lack of parenting and not one example of what a happy family should look like , what a dad should look like, nothing. Usual story. Dad was an alcoholic and non existent. Mom was a recluse. I grew up hanging out with my friends with zero guidance . Guess that's why being a good man and father and husband is important to me- because I grew up without it and always wanting it. I've got a wife , 3 kids, one with special needs, so I can't afford not to be anything less than everything they need me to be.

    This isn't some sad ,boohoo , poor me post . I'm grown, I'm fine, i dont have an imaginary friend- it's all good lol. But I do know there are alot of men out there who faced the same struggles I have. Going through life not having a fucking clue what to do with even the most basic shit. I knew how to do me and made it just fine though life. But there was a big gap in my life that I always knew was there and never knew what to do with it. This book opened my eyes to alot of things I don't think I'd ever had learned without it.

    You can Google it and download it or hell, pm me and ill send it to you. The author will even give it to you if you tell him you can't afford it. He's a good dude. And no, I don't know him lol.

    So there you go. Good deed done for the day lol.

  2. #2
    M&S Veteran Disarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Power
    67
    I think this is a great post because even with some of us that are in good relationships, we can all learn new things to ensure the longevity and so we also never be comfortable and complacent. Thanks for the share!

  3. #3
    Member txtchfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbreads80 View Post
    Just a book id thought I'd share for anyone who's in need. Saved my marriage and myself to an extent. It's called Manly Marriage Revival. Kind of a silly name, I know. I'm fully prepared to get made fun of as alot of this runs counter to what the new age line of thinking is. That's cool. I can take it.

    But if you are in a place you think this could help , I'd highly recommend it. Alot of it is helpful even outside of relationships for just being a man in general. I grew up with a total lack of parenting and not one example of what a happy family should look like , what a dad should look like, nothing. Usual story. Dad was an alcoholic and non existent. Mom was a recluse. I grew up hanging out with my friends with zero guidance . Guess that's why being a good man and father and husband is important to me- because I grew up without it and always wanting it. I've got a wife , 3 kids, one with special needs, so I can't afford not to be anything less than everything they need me to be.

    This isn't some sad ,boohoo , poor me post . I'm grown, I'm fine, i dont have an imaginary friend- it's all good lol. But I do know there are alot of men out there who faced the same struggles I have. Going through life not having a fucking clue what to do with even the most basic shit. I knew how to do me and made it just fine though life. But there was a big gap in my life that I always knew was there and never knew what to do with it. This book opened my eyes to alot of things I don't think I'd ever had learned without it.

    You can Google it and download it or hell, pm me and ill send it to you. The author will even give it to you if you tell him you can't afford it. He's a good dude. And no, I don't know him lol.

    So there you go. Good deed done for the day lol.
    Thanks. Not sure why anyone would give you shit, there's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to be a better man, husband, or father.

  4. #4
    Member bigbreads80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    33
    Forgot to add that the concept of the book is about leadership. How to lead as a father and a husband and just a man in general. It was an eye opening thing for me to realize that almost everything that I wanted or felt like needed to happen or be done was all within my control. Just needed to learn how to lead. Starting from scratch, with no reference point or memory of this can be tricky, but once you fully commit to idea , it really is easy. It's natural. In every aspect of life there is a leader. Every successful business, sports team, military, church, family, etc has a head/leader that is doing it the right way. Just a pretty cool thing to me from where I come in life.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    36
    What are some of the points in the book that you could share?
    Take care.
    MS

  6. #6
    Member bigbreads80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD_SCIENTIST View Post
    What are some of the points in the book that you could share?
    Take care.
    MS
    Well , one main one is sex. You know, us being on gear especially , NEED sex even more than normal. Some of us get it enough. Some don't. I would say I wasn't. My wife is hot. I'm lucky. 15 years and it's still like porn quality and never get enough. But she not into like me. And I realized I wasn't doing the things I needed to do to get my wife there. And it was all in my control. Things like affection and sex really are all on the man to take care of. It's up to us to set the tone every day. And it's basically the same concept with everything. We are men. We are supposed to lead. Our women want us to lead them, even if they don't say or know it. It's just nature.

    The results have been crazy too. At first you may think " well shit this isn't fair. Why i gotta do everything and do it first?" But it really isn't like how it sounds. It's not kissing your wife's and being a good boy in order to get treats. There's alot to it that challenges your wife. And it's amazing what they will be willing to give on and sacrifice if your being the leader

  7. #7
    Member Nsane504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbreads80 View Post
    Well , one main one is sex. You know, us being on gear especially , NEED sex even more than normal. Some of us get it enough. Some don't. I would say I wasn't. My wife is hot. I'm lucky. 15 years and it's still like porn quality and never get enough. But she not into like me. And I realized I wasn't doing the things I needed to do to get my wife there. And it was all in my control. Things like affection and sex really are all on the man to take care of. It's up to us to set the tone every day. And it's basically the same concept with everything. We are men. We are supposed to lead. Our women want us to lead them, even if they don't say or know it. It's just nature.

    The results have been crazy too. At first you may think " well shit this isn't fair. Why i gotta do everything and do it first?" But it really isn't like how it sounds. It's not kissing your wife's and being a good boy in order to get treats. There's alot to it that challenges your wife. And it's amazing what they will be willing to give on and sacrifice if your being the leader
    Wow just came across this it sounds like a book I've needed my whole life!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    And i have lost my wife recently. Who knows, maybe this book would help me in that time.

  9. #9
    M&S Veteran F.I.S.T.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    43
    Good post brother.
    You know,speaking from an over 30yr marriage thats been paradise,I can tell you that to make your relationship last,you always have to remember why you fell in love with this person.Why you married this person,and if you do have them,why you had kids with this person.Life can kick us all in the dick from time to time and its very easy to forget that you both are a team and dealing with these things together.You have to always remember to not take it out on each other and work on solving it TOGETHER.***** of course is always a number one factor in marriages breaking up because they do take it out on each other.
    You have to always communicate and be there for each other.Support each other and remember that love that you both have that brought and kept you together.My wife and I have been through some really tough times together but we always tackled them as a TEAM.

    There's the F.I.S.T. marriage advice for the day.Take it as you wish.
    FREEDOM IS SOMETHING TAKEN

  10. #10
    Member picholas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    7
    I saw this once and I liked it,

    "Remember it's not you vs each other, it's you vs the problem"

    Tackle issues together with communication as a team, don't fall into fighting one another.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator twisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10,443
    Rep Power
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by picholas View Post
    I saw this once and I liked it,

    "Remember it's not you vs each other, it's you vs the problem"

    Tackle issues together with communication as a team, don't fall into fighting one another.
    Have you been on other forums? You remind me of someone

  12. #12
    Member picholas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    7
    I'm on another one or two with the same handle.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator twisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10,443
    Rep Power
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by picholas View Post
    I'm on another one or two with the same handle.
    1 or 2 ?? Which is it ?? .....nevermind you seen harmless lets drop it and just forget I said anything

  14. #14
    Member picholas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    1 or 2 ?? Which is it ?? .....nevermind you seen harmless lets drop it and just forget I said anything
    Two, but I only have like a dozen post on it and haven't logged on it in months, it was a paid forum and I didn't like it. But okay, no harm no foul.

  15. #15
    Member Copperhead1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    9
    Guys with shaky marriages might want to pay attention. There is no question for me if there is one thing I regret in my whole life its the loss of my wife and my son having to deal with all the BS that goes along with it.

  16. #16
    Member TrainerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Chi town
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    6
    Iím never getting married... to much work

  17. #17
    Member Copperhead1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    9
    [QUOTE=TrainerGuy;268794]I’m never getting married... to much work[/QUOTEOnly Smart. Only thing good that came from my marriage is my son.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 11:29 AM
  2. Need Fat Loss Advice
    By mcgraw7 in forum Dieting and Nutrition
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 02:40 AM
  3. First pinned cycle advice..
    By DaviRotten in forum Anabolic Steroids and PED's
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 01:48 PM
  4. Advice
    By Porterjax in forum Anabolic Steroids and PED's
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 02:31 AM
  5. Advice appreciated for cycle.
    By Bobbyb in forum On Cycle Support / Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 02:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •