Apex Peptides

Thread: First meal.....

First meal.....

Is it pointless to have a shake 1st thing "to start anabolism for the day"?.....currently I have a shake w/ 35ish protein & 25g of clusterdex before I train early before work...after training I have 50g protein & 50g clusterdex then eat 2 hours after......no train days,I have shake w/ just the protein (35g protein)....then eat as normal(every 2-3 hours)....not sure if I should just skip/save the powder & just eat as soon as I can in morning......thanks.....

Real food would be better but if that's all you can get in then its still better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman100 View Post
    Is it pointless to have a shake 1st thing "to start anabolism for the day"?.....currently I have a shake w/ 35ish protein & 25g of clusterdex before I train early before work...after training I have 50g protein & 50g clusterdex then eat 2 hours after......no train days,I have shake w/ just the protein (35g protein)....then eat as normal(every 2-3 hours)....not sure if I should just skip/save the powder & just eat as soon as I can in morning......thanks.....
    Many people have morning shakes nothin wrong with that ....shit I cant wake up and start shoving food down my throat , so I have a shake and usually thats after my workout ...I did read you do eat 2 or so hrs later ....shit shakes are used for meal replacements in some cases hahaha ...go for it

Thanks for responses......yeah,I'm currently stuck w/ the thought of "I gotta have a shake the second I get up".......Plus,I train 1st thing......For a while I never had protein/carbs before training & felt fine during workout but read that u should have at least protein.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jman100 View Post
    Thanks for responses......yeah,I'm currently stuck w/ the thought of "I gotta have a shake the second I get up".......Plus,I train 1st thing......For a while I never had protein/carbs before training & felt fine during workout but read that u should have at least protein.....
    Ideally you should have both protein and carbs pre and post workout brother. Shakes are fine if that's all you can squeeze in, you might try real food and see if you can tell a difference though. Most guys will tell you food over shakes but there is no right or wrong way to do this man its whatever works best for you.