Apex Peptides
    johntimber

The computer suddenly shuts down or power off

Hi,

My computer (Pentium IV 3ghz 512 RAM with 400 watts power supply, Windows XP) suddenly shuts down and lost electrical power while working or while browsing thru the internet and even while I've just started the computer.
    The computer is connected directly to the wall socket thru an extension cord. I'm not using an AVR (automatic voltage regulator). My guess is that sometimes the computer cannot take the voltage comming in, that is why it is cutting off the electricity to protect the computer. Does buying an AVR solves the problem?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
    https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...er-off-150109/
    Motion graphics video service

Thanks!

Does it power down or just suddenly lose power? Could be your power supply. They get hot and it trips an overtemp circuit. Usually it is because the cooling fan on them locks up or is intermittently not working. Check the fan to be sure it is working correctly. My first thought would be it is overheating.
    ADVANCED PHARMACEUTICAL LABS
    [email protected]

Hmm so you join a fitness forum where all kinds of supplements, training, and anabolic's are discussed. And instead of introducing yourself or asking about one of the things above you ask about this? Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by suraonyx View Post
    Hmm so you join a fitness forum where all kinds of supplements, training, and anabolic's are discussed. And instead of introducing yourself or asking about one of the things above you ask about this? Hmm
    Maybe he clicked the wrong Tapatalk forum? I sometimes find myself starting a post on the Jeep sites by mistake. But I don’t actually post lol.

Rep for MGG - visit mygearguru.com for all your Global Anabolics needs.

Yeah why not. A few things come to mind. Could be just a bad power cord. You're running XP so I can only assume it's an older PC. Power cords go bad over time from small spikes, surges, plugging unplugging etc. You could use the one from your TV, most likely, to test the theory. 2 would be a bad power supply. That's not too bad but the only way to check is with a voltage meter. The 3rd could be a bad cooling fan in the monitor or even the tower. If it's overheating due to the fans or fan not running, it will shut itself down. Easy way to test is to use some duster to clean the fans or even periodically spray the duster over the fans as it's running which would cool it down.