Muscle and Science
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    M&S Veteran
    I believe in a phase-change diet called "The Metabolic Diet". As for "evidences" take a look at this link and maybe email him and ask for these "evidences". I'm sure he will help you out. You might even want to purchase some of his books. You can gain muscle without much carbs, just eat more protein. Then again I'm not talking about a going into ketosis for long periods. I believe you can diet down and keep the carbs really low for several weeks to months depending on how much fat you want to lose and then add you "carb-up" for 12-48 hours every 6th or 7th day. This is just a shadow of the information provided in his books.

New here but I'll add my experience. I've been on strict keto all year and have not had a single cheat meal. I started out with a lot of bad ailments just from being not so strict on my diet as well as bad injury past. 7 months in and I'm down 50lbs and I've never felt better to be honest. All of my blood work and overall health has looked great. My inflammation and nerve damage has been non existent and I feel like a new man. Some of my bro's from another board know of my past injuries. Long story short I've had many, but the most recent one which occurred in 2016 was supposed to keep me from doing my career as long as working out ever again. I chose to ignore the advice I was given and I got back into lifting. The inflammation and nerve damage was kicking my ass because of the injury and I was having a very hard time lowering the intensity and workload in the gym due to being a stubborn mule and still trying to prove I still had "it". We've all been there I'm sure. I eventually started being smarter about the situation and left my ego at the door. I also studied the keto diet for about a year and decided to give it a shot Jan 1st (typical right). I've kept my healthy fats quite high as well as my protein in the higher range. Keeping my protein 170g-200g has not affected ketosis for me at all. Carbs have been from veggies only and when I started I aimed for 35g per day. Now I can go as high as 50g per day without affecting ketosis. This diet has become a lifestyle for me and honestly it's saved me from a lot of bad shit that was coming my way. I'm able to not only train with some intensity again, but I can also go to work every day which makes me feel better about myself. This tool has helped me shed a lot of fat as well as get me into great health. I'm currently at 205lbs and I'm planning on taking it to 180ish just to get lean. I was always into size and strength and not so much being lean but I've had to adjust that as seen above. I would like to get super lean but I'm taking my time with it. I've hit a hard plateau at the moment but I'm fine with it as I've done well losing what I have so far.

I'll ad that all of my experience with keto has been for fat loss only. I've attempted to keep as much of my muscle that I could and I think I've done good with that since I kept my protein a little higher than most on keto. My strength has gone down much for someone being in such a long cut. I look forward to trying to add some more muscle after the cut is over but I'm wishy washy as to how I think it might go because of the lack of studies on muscle building and keto. The studies are all over the place so I'll wait to input my opinion until I cross that bridge. Either way I know I can sustain my current lifestyle and at least be at my best health wise. At the end of the day that's all we can hope for.

I’ve ran it a few times. I’m an ectomorph. The first week you will lose about 10lbs of water weight. When I’m Ketosis your body will use fat as a source of fuel. It takes time to adjust cause you will have hunger pains so adjust as needed. I use Palumbo Keto instead of the traditional Keto. Fiberlyze his product from Species Nutrition is staple. Flushed toxins out and your digestive system is well running.

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threa...D-RUG-Protocol
    Last edited by Gandalf; 09-27-2019 at 02:56 PM.