Apex Peptides
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’ve been living a ketogenic lifestyle for damn near a year and a half. I found it through clinical research, within what seems, before it became a “fad”. Your body does not have to have carbs as fuel. That is why we store fat. I’ve lost 120lbs then I had to change shit up to get some of my muscle back. As for your “evidences”. What do you need, bud. I have a stack of labs pulled from over said time frame. I’m healthy and leaning up quite nicely while adding a fuck-load of muscle. If anyone needs help, PM me. I’ll gladly offer my insight through my journey. I will not post it on open forum because people’s ignorance pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I¬’ve been living a ketogenic lifestyle for damn near a year and a half. I found it through clinical research, within what seems, before it became a ¬“fad¬”. Your body does not have to have carbs as fuel. That is why we store fat. I¬’ve lost 120lbs then I had to change shit up to get some of my muscle back. As for your ¬“evidences¬”. What do you need, bud. I have a stack of labs pulled from over said time frame. I¬’m healthy and leaning up quite nicely while adding a fuck-load of muscle. If anyone needs help, PM me. I¬’ll gladly offer my insight through my journey. I will not post it on open forum because people¬’s ignorance pisses me off.
    I should have added that everyone reacts differently to everything, things from body type, metabolism etc...if you are an endomorph , I can definitely see great benefits from going all keto, because endomorphs naturally store allot of fat, if you put an ectomorph on the same keto diet as an endo it’s probably not going to work. I am well schooled In nutrion so of course I know that the body is always going to look for a fuel source, if its not given carbs , its going after fat, if it’s not given either it’s going to attack and eat your muscle.
    Every diet that I have ever written, is 100% custom towards the person it¬’s being written for.. everybody is different, there is a time and place for every different type of macronutrient, it’s how you apply them to the individual, I could go on but I’ll leave it at that.
    For Me personally, being an ectomorph who never carried a very little amount of fat, I need carbohydrates to keep my glycogen stores full , Even in contest prep I keep the carbs(low glycemic of course) in my diet , different strokes for different folks.

Never been a big fan of Keto. It's not sustainable, well at least a true keto isnt. Carbs are not the enemy. Mixing carbs with fats is!!! I'm a firm believer that carbs are needed for muscle growth. Carbs are broken down into glucose with is then burnt as energy with a much better efficiency than fats. Not to mention all the negative effects of a high fat diet with your lipids, HDL and LDL.
    Carbs and protien
    Carbs and fat

I'm am one of those unlucky people that cannot handle a lot of carbs and would classify myself an endomorph, that being said I still not a fan of Keto. Now I'm not saying this works for everyone but in my case a high protein/low carb/low to med fats works just fine. There is no need to cut ALL the carbs out in order to loose body fat. I find this style diet the easiest way to loose fat and maintain most of my hard earned muscle mass which is the ultimate goal imo. For the record low carbs for me is 100-150g per day and during bulk its as high as 250g but that's all I can handle myself.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong with what they do and what they believe...we are all different and all react differently. I want to make sure that everyone knows loosing weight on the scale doesn't tell the whole story. Plain and simple that weight loss could be a lot of muscle mass as well and not what your going for. Let the mirror do more of the talking, take a pic and another one in 2wks time compare them look for changes and look to see if your size is still there that's the correct way to judge and see if your current plan is working. It takes a lot of trial and error to figure our what works best for you.

It's been suggested that our ancestors were hunter gatherers for millions of years. Supposedly their diet kept them in ketosis 70% of the time. The other 30% they were able to find carbs to eat. Root vegetables, fruits, honey. But we're now in modern times where we can basically choose exactly what we want to out in our mouth. Some people take keto a little too far without realizing the dangers of having zero or very few carbs. You gotta have some and the suggestions I've seen is 50g of carbs per day and as low as 30g if you are trying to lose more weight. Apparently the brain needs glucose as a fuel source to function properly and the minimum is 30g per day. It will use ketones to make up the rest of the energy requirements but cannot function properly without glucose. As for putting on muscles I've read studies that show no difference in muscle gain between groups of people that were and weren't in ketosis as long as the protein was still high. Personally I've been using ketogenic diet for about 3 months, have lost 4 inches around my waist and 15ish lbs. It has helped with my GERD and joint pain significantly. I was forced to take zantac every day for a really long time until I went keto.

Ive ran keto a few times before and although it sucks being in keto, i had fairly good results. My carb limit usually Was around 30g a day. Speaking of fads, i thought intermittent fasting was easier to do and had about the same results when it came to fat loss. I will say the pump on my re-feed day was amazing when on keto

Great thread..my wife does keto and she seems to like it “never 100 percent though “ I’m thinking about doing paleo myself..anyone have any luck on that one?

I lost 60lbs over the over the past year on KETO once I was fat adapted I was on cruise control, time to put some muscle on now.......

M&S Veteran
    I believe in a phase-change diet called "The Metabolic Diet". As for "evidences" take a look at this link and maybe email him and ask for these "evidences". I'm sure he will help you out. You might even want to purchase some of his books. You can gain muscle without much carbs, just eat more protein. Then again I'm not talking about a going into ketosis for long periods. I believe you can diet down and keep the carbs really low for several weeks to months depending on how much fat you want to lose and then add you "carb-up" for 12-48 hours every 6th or 7th day. This is just a shadow of the information provided in his books.