Apex Peptides

Female weight training for weight loss/tightning

Our wedding is in 2 months and my future wife is already looking good but hit a stopping point in the weight loss department. So for 2 weeks she has been lifting weights with me, exact same routine just lighter weights. We are doing Back/traps/biceps, chest/triceps, legs, day off whenever its needed then repeat. We are bench pressing, doing deadlifts, squats, and everything else. She is already looking tighter in just 2 weeks. Its amazing what happens when women lift like men. I have her going to failure and doing anywhere from 10 to 20 reps.

Any other advice from people who know about female lifting or diet?

Women generally respond to lower carbs so diet would be the first thing to look at. I would have her add some fasted cardio in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Women generally respond to lower carbs so diet would be the first thing to look at. I would have her add some fasted cardio in as well.
    Thanks, I have a stair stepper so looks like Im going to have to have her hit that a few times a week first thing in the morning. I have her on low carbs right now but I can't watch what she does all day but she says shes doing really good. I do believe her for the most part because she dropped 20lbs on diet alone. Shes wasn't even fat either, just a thick girl with an ass. Shes pretty strong too, her first time deadlifting ever, she hit 135 with great form for 8 reps.

Ill add something, coaching/training your wife/girlfriend is a pain in the ass sometimes. Its kinda like taking them golfing, any advice you try to give them they get offended. Shes good in the gym about not being a bitch, but when I mention things not to eat she gets snappy..lol. Its like if you wasted $50 bucks a lift on a trainer you would never give them this much attitude, but Im giving you better advice than you could pay for and I have to deal with the bitching. Alright sorry I had to get that off my chest.

LOL...me and the wife train together all the time and for years now. Its at times a challenge but I have to be honest a women training partner is better than any guy I've ever trained with. They don't care about how much the lift and form is always perfect. No ego's just progress!!

The fasted cardio 20-30mins 5x per week will really help with some fat loss. I assume you have her doing this completely natty? No problem with that at all and more power to her if she is. If she stalls for say 7days no progress or loss in weight then pull out 20g carbs and increase cardio duration things will start to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    LOL...me and the wife train together all the time and for years now. Its at times a challenge but I have to be honest a women training partner is better than any guy I've ever trained with. They don't care about how much the lift and form is always perfect. No ego's just progress!!

The fasted cardio 20-30mins 5x per week will really help with some fat loss. I assume you have her doing this completely natty? No problem with that at all and more power to her if she is. If she stalls for say 7days no progress or loss in weight then pull out 20g carbs and increase cardio duration things will start to happen again.
    Yeah actually since ive been training her Ive been killing it in the gym, its actually been fun. Hopefully after the wedding she keeps wanting to train, she has great genetics and could really do well with a year of consistent training. Yeah she is natty, the only help is she likes to take half a bronkaid before work.
    I told her about the cardio in the AM and I think Im going to have her write down what she eats so we can monitor it. She says the only thing she eats at work is salmon, veggies, and deviled eggs. She is a restaurant manager so the food is already there.