Apex Peptides

Thread: Shoe debate?

Shoe debate?

So it's been awhile since I've used a public gym because I have almost everything I could possibly need at home. I started having a conversation with a buddy of mine about some argument he had about what shoes to where for what. Is this some new Insta**** bullshit or am I missing something? Pic below is my "AllStar" style Ed Hardy shoes that I wear pretty much every time I work out for the last 3 years or so. No matter the exercise.

I’ve always just used whatever Nike’s I had and just kicked them off to squat or dead. My feet are too big for Chuck’s. A few months back, I bought some squat shoes with something like a 3/4” heel... game changer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I’ve always just used whatever Nike’s I had and just kicked them off to squat or dead. My feet are too big for Chuck’s. A few months back, I bought some squat shoes with something like a 3/4” heel... game changer for me.
    "Squat Shoes" eh? Sounds gimmicky. Are they really that much better?

I thought the same thing. A gym buddy of mine was trying to sell me on the idea and I wasn’t buying. Then he had me put plates under my heels. Straightened my form up and I was able to get deeper in my squat *no homo. So, I got some from Rogue, cheap ones at that. They actually help me. My left knee and my ankles don’t bend as well as they used to, the shoes help.

That's pretty awesome man. I've been using plates under my heels for squats and calves for years so I totally get the similarity. Squat Shoes sound a lot safer than plates lol

Nike has an awesome pair of powerlifting/squat shoes, but as for me I'm a sometimes Chuck's most the time bare feet kinda guy.

I just got a TD of some Adidas powerlift shoes great reviews\good deal..

Wear me some nike cortez

Alright, I'm gonna give some of these shoes a try lol. I love my Ed Hardy's for workouts but I'm gonna try the squat shoes for leg days.

I ordered some Do Win lifting shoes today. I didn't want to spend a boat load in case I hated them but I'm willing to give them a shot. If they don't work out, it's back to the original set up.

The Nike Romaleos 2 are a solid heavy duty squat shoe,feet are glued to the floor.adidas adipowers are awesome also the adipowers are more for narrow feet but seem to hug your feet better than anything I've used.they allow you to squat deeper easier with good drive out of the hole.ive got both but shoe I wear most is the ones mark bell designed for reebok.the original was best powerlifting shoe I've had.the new ones he just put out are good not as stiff as original but still good