Apex Peptides

Thread: Keto advice

Keto advice

Hi everyone! I'm new to trying to attempt a ketogenic diet and im finding it very hard to get enough fat, and lower my carb intake. I obviously know what has carbs in it or not, but for example i had mixed veggies (peppers, mushroom, onion, zucchini, summer squash) twice yesterday, an avocado, and that right there brought me to about 97g of carbs, maybe those are just carby vegetables?

If someone has any basic tips in helping me get the most out of my meals while minimizing carb intake id love to hear any advice y'all got!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomuscle View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to trying to attempt a ketogenic diet and im finding it very hard to get enough fat, and lower my carb intake. I obviously know what has carbs in it or not, but for example i had mixed veggies (peppers, mushroom, onion, zucchini, summer squash) twice yesterday, an avocado, and that right there brought me to about 97g of carbs, maybe those are just carby vegetables?

If someone has any basic tips in helping me get the most out of my meals while minimizing carb intake id love to hear any advice y'all got!
    I am not a fan of keto although for leaning out its amazing. You want to eat a serving of green veggies with each meal and yes there are carbs in those but they are fibrous carbs so they won't deter your goal. Fat's you can use olive oil, almonds, natty PB things like that to add more healthy fats in the mix.

You tube. There are tons of Keto recipes and helpful advice from people who live the Keto lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomuscle View Post

Been doing Keto for over a year, look at adding Chia to your diet, Most of the carbs in it are fibrous so the net carbs is small..I've added them to protein smoothies, lots of recipe options, google chia and keto you'll see what I mean. It's a Superfood that's packed with lots of good stuff

My body does not like a keto diet , makes me feel like shit, I’ve always looked and felt best on relatively high carbs, I just stick to the basics , and stay away from high glycemic carbs, even in my contest prep I don’t eliminate carbs, instead of having 70-90 ****s of low glycemic carbs, I do around 25/ meal, again that is just what my body likes, everyone is different.

This is my version of "keto." My maintenance is around 200-225g carbs per day. That is to stay lean and not store too much fat for me. Everyone is different, remember that. When I diet down, i drop my carbs to 200g for 2 weeks, then to 150g for 2 weeks, 100g for 2 weeks, and all the way to 0g carbs. I still eat fibrous carbs and I am getting a few carbs from various nuts and all natural PB. But the oatmeal, rice, sweet potatoes (any direct carb is completely dropped). Like someone mentioned above, finding the right amount of fats in your diet is key. I only eat this way for 4-6 weeks. It cuts fat fast for me. But honestly it is not the healthiest diet b/c I cut out fruit and other sources of fiber in which I consume all year.