Apex Peptides

hernia and shoulder repairs

Its now been 4 weeks since my hernia and shoulder repairs. This sucks!!! Hernias are fine, they feel great but shoulder is garbage!! PT is telling me 6 months til I can even think about lifting moderately again!! I made the mistake of looking in the mirror with my shirt off yesterday and became sick. I am beginning to lose size and definition, atrophy. My wife is a large, very developed female bb'er, I have shared her pics on here before. I go with her when she trains and get so shit feeling watching her muscles work and fill with blood as I am wasting away!! She is very encouraging, telling me I am not losing muscle but shes a good wife and is just trying to make me fell better but I know. I am a successful Strongman competitor and will be missing the nationals this September. She and I are traveling to watch, but I cannot compete. Its seriously killing me more than I can express in words!! Any help and encouragement is appreciated. I am losing the mental game!! I wouldnt wish this experience upon any of my lifting brothers or sisters!! Thanks, gang!

Sorry to hear this brother! I currently have a similar issue with my shoulder but refused to get surgery on it due to long recovery time. I am trying the PRP treatment option and until Monday I was unable to work out any upper body for the past 5wks time. I also felt like I was getting small and loosing mass but it was all in my mind as it is in yours. Stay strong brother and remember anything you might loose will come back very fast. Make sure your doing everything the PT is telling you to do so that your recovery goes as planned. I was told that I would not be back to normal for about a year if I had the surgery, mine is a torn labrum and rotator cuff though.

I hear ya!! Just dont wait too much longer, cause the longer you wait the worse it is to recover, bro!.

musclemick
    Hey Jacked I feel your pain. I've had shoulder surgery twice. I was so worried about losing muscle after the first I was benching a broomstick the day after and continued to work up from there. Needless to say, not giving it the time it needed to heal lead to the second surgery. I know it sucks but remember that it's infinitely easier to regain strength/musclemass than it was to gain it in the first place. Once you're back under the bar you'll be amazed at how quickly it start coming back. Stay strong brother!

Quote Originally Posted by musclemick View Post
    Hey Jacked I feel your pain. I've had shoulder surgery twice. I was so worried about losing muscle after the first I was benching a broomstick the day after and continued to work up from there. Needless to say, not giving it the time it needed to heal lead to the second surgery. I know it sucks but remember that it's infinitely easier to regain strength/musclemass than it was to gain it in the first place. Once you're back under the bar you'll be amazed at how quickly it start coming back. Stay strong brother!
    Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I am taking it as my PT tells me to. I am suffering now, but it I push too hard, I DO NOT want to go back under the knife.

musclemick
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

What kind of shoulder surgery did you have?

musclemick
    Impingment with partial thickness tear of supraspinatus the first time. They shaved the acromion and shaved away the torn parts of the supraspinatus (think frayed rope). Second time, all the same things plus AC Joint Osteolysis and bone spurs. They shaved more of the acromion, removed the bones spurs, and repared the AC Joint. The second was much harder than the first.

Impingment with partial thickness tear of supraspinatus the first time. They shaved the acromion and shaved away the torn parts of the supraspinatus (think frayed rope). Second time, all the same things plus AC Joint Osteolysis and bone spurs. They shaved more of the acromion, removed the bones spurs, and repared the AC Joint. The second was much harder than the first.
    It sounds like we had the same thing. The first surgery anyway. My bursa was a huge problem too. It has hurt hell!! In my 4th week and just now getting movement and soreness leaving. They tell me 6 months!! UGH!!

musclemick
    Yeah, bursas are a bitch. When they hurt it's like there's no escaping it. Makes rehab like walking a super fine line; do just enough to stimulate healing but not too much to cause excess irritation and pain. That line gets wider but feels like it's happening at a snail's pace. Hang in there! While I have ongoing aches, the rehab process definitely made my shoulder much more stable. When I lift, I can feel a big positive benefit of that stability. 1 step back, 3 steps forward!

Yeah, bursas are a bitch. When they hurt it's like there's no escaping it. Makes rehab like walking a super fine line; do just enough to stimulate healing but not too much to cause excess irritation and pain. That line gets wider but feels like it's happening at a snail's pace. Hang in there! While I have ongoing aches, the rehab process definitely made my shoulder much more stable. When I lift, I can feel a big positive benefit of that stability. 1 step back, 3 steps forward!
    Thanks!! I needed the encouragement. I am at about 30% mobility. We haven't started but a couple strength moves so far. I have a great PT. He worked with a lot of greats from the 80's in California who were in bodybuilding.