Apex Peptides

TJ Dillashaw Promises Hell Ruin Cody Garbrandts Career

TJ Dillashaw Promises Hell Ruin Cody Garbrandts Career

T.J. Dillashaw had some strong words for Cody Garbrandt heading into their bantamweight title rematch at UFC 227.
    One of the most anticipated rematches in the 135-pound weight class will serve as the main event for UFC 227 a little over a week from now when Dillashaw defends the bantamweight title against former champion Garbrandt at August 4s UFC 227 from Los Angeles, California.

Both of these men know each other quite well having trained together side by side at Team Alpha Male for the better part of their careers. That all changed, however, when Killashaw decided to move his camp to Colorado and continue working with Duane Bang Ludwig, a decision that has splintered more than a friendship.

But its also lead to Dillashaw knowing whats coming from his opponents or so he claimed:

You kind of prepare the same for every fight, Dillashaw told Bloody Elbow. You add a few tricks to try and keep your opponents guessing, but thats about it. I love rematches, though. Ive always done great in rematches. The more I can figure out my opponent the better and Im going to know Cody like the back of my hand. Its going to be a good night for me.

Despite the fact that Dillashaw and Garbrandt have spent countless hours preparing each other for battle in their Team Alpha Male days; the champion believes he is the superior fighter and knows exactly how to beat Garbrandt again:

You always train for your opponent to be the best possible opponent no matter who it is, Dillashaw explained. You obviously look for their strengths and weaknesses. I know the technical difficulties [Garbrandt] has. I know where hes good, where hes not. But you always train for the best. You train for everything.

He knows Im the better fighter, said Dillashaw. Hell pump himself up. Hell talk; that hes great, that hes better, and all this stuff, but he knows. He knows the truth. Im the better all around fighter. Im the smarter fighter. And this is a bad situation for him, to go right back into a rematch for the title.

There is no love lost between No Love and The Viper. Both men have been vocal about their dislike for one another in the media. But Dillashaw doesnt want to just beat Garbrandt in their rematch at UFC 227, he wants to end his career:

Im going to ruin his career, Dillashaw said. Im going to ruin his career at this weight class. Hes already getting his second shot, he should of worried about getting better, but I dont know if he really can. I dont know if hes that smart of a fighter, but I plan on ruining his career at 135.

This sports crazy, obviously anything can happen, continued Dillashaw. Youve always got to be ready for it and be nervous for that fight, but he doesnt have a chance. Ill be ready for anything he can bring to the table. Youve always got to expect the toughest fight, but he doesnt have a chance.

The second chapter in this bantamweight feud will culminate in the main event of UFC 227.
    FREEDOM IS SOMETHING TAKEN

Man I've been excited about this fight. Its had a lot of hype and for good reason. These 2 just try to murder each other in the octagon and this one is gonna be awesome! August 4th is the fight btw.

Hell yeah they're gonna try to murder each other!

Hopefully the fight lives up to the hype.Definitely seems like its gonna be a brawl.
    FREEDOM IS SOMETHING TAKEN

I'll probably put a bet on it. My prediction is Dillashaw wins by submission in the 3rd.

Should be a good fight. Cody almost had him at the end of round 1 , then the bell rang & we all know what happend in round 2.

I want a Garbrandt W

No doubt Cody can throw down man. He's got a kill attitude but sometimes that's what gets the best of him. TJ stays pretty even keel and actually listens to his corner. If Cody doesn't check his attitude at the octagon door this time, TJ is gonna beat the breaks off of him then submit him.

I predict Connor McGregor throws chairs at both of them from outside the octagon and knocks them both out half way through the first round! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nsane504 View Post
    I predict Connor McGregor throws chairs at both of them from outside the octagon and knocks them both out half way through the first round! Lol
    Speaking of which, it seems to me the NEW owners (last 2 years), value the build up to a fight MUCH more to build the PPV gate. Its a entertainment business more imo and this gets me wondering what the limits are to crazy behavior before a fight to build the gate. What would you do if it was gonna Triple your fight paycheck and also get you in a favorable light to MMA promoters which may just get you on to a card in the first place wether you are the best deserving challenger or not

Sometimes it appears to be a soap opera

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnsnbeach View Post
    Speaking of which, it seems to me the NEW owners (last 2 years), value the build up to a fight MUCH more to build the PPV gate. It’s a entertainment business more imo and this gets me wondering what the limits are to crazy behavior before a fight to build the gate. What would you do if it was gonna Triple your fight paycheck and also get you in a favorable light to MMA promoters which may just get you on to a card in the first place wether you are the “best deserving challenger” or not

Sometimes it appears to be a soap opera
    I've really got to agree with you here man. I remember when I first started watching UFC. It was somewhere are UFC 15 or 20 lol. That shit was straight up fighting. No bullshit theatrics and fight build ups. Just raw fighters wanting to win. Now it's all about the fame and the *****. I still love to watch the fights but I think a lot of guys that say they "just love to fight" are full of shit. They just want to get rich while fighting. 2 different things in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rreign View Post
    I've really got to agree with you here man. I remember when I first started watching UFC. It was somewhere are UFC 15 or 20 lol. That shit was straight up fighting. No bullshit theatrics and fight build ups. Just raw fighters wanting to win. Now it's all about the fame and the *****. I still love to watch the fights but I think a lot of guys that say they "just love to fight" are full of shit. They just want to get rich while fighting. 2 different things in my mind.
    Hell yeah I remember the very first UFC fights I use to rent then on vhs at blockbuster and those people wasn't all buddy buddy they for real hated each other and wanted to beat the shit out of each other. All of the training camps were mysterious and when people like Matt Hughes and Ken shamrocks entrance music came on you were glued to the screen. Now it's just too much there's so many fighters out there that you can't keep up with them and there's a UFC fight on damn near everyday of the week when it use to be like 1 or 2 a year you looked forward to it or even 1 a month wasn't too bad bad now there's no time to let the excitement build up and it's way to much like a soap opera, and on top of it all these guys all train together there's rarely that real hate towards each other like they want to kill each other most of them cut up and hang out up to the day of the fight. It just don't interest me anymore and that sucks cause I was into mma like crazy.

i definitely miss the tank Abbot and Chuck days. I really don't even keep up anymore,like u said its just too much going on.

Now Khabib and McGregor that fight I gotta watch those dudes wanna kill each other and I wanna watch them try! Lol

I want to see Jon Jones or Nate Diaz fight its hard for me to be as amped about the lower weight classes or a Lesnar . I do wanna see Cody knockout TJ badly. Will that happen, mmm probably not.

I want to see Jon Jones or Nate Diaz fight it’s hard for me to be as amped about the lower weight classes or a Lesnar . I do wanna see Cody knockout TJ badly. Will that happen, mmm probably not.
    I love watching Nate Diaz fights lol. You never know what the hell that kid is gonna do and he flat out don't give a fuck. He's one of those guys that we were talking about before. Oldschool and mean as fuck

I want to see Jon Jones or Nate Diaz fight it’s hard for me to be as amped about the lower weight classes or a Lesnar . I do wanna see Cody knockout TJ badly. Will that happen, mmm probably not.
    Diaz will be fighting Porier at MSG on November 3 so you have that to look out for. I also think if Cody and TJ fight again it will go the same as it went the other two times, TJ is just too smart for Cody.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by armistan View Post
    Diaz will be fighting Porier at MSG on November 3 so you have that to look out for. I also think if Cody and TJ fight again it will go the same as it went the other two times, TJ is just too smart for Cody.
    Didn't Diaz get pissed off and pull out of the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Didn't Diaz get pissed off and pull out of the fight?
    I think most of that shit is just publicity stunts, more drama = more viewers = more *****. I'd be surprised if the fight doesn't happen.