Apex Peptides

Accommodating resistance

Anyone here use bands or chains? I started using them in high school for sports (explosiveness, starting hard out of the bottom) and have continually phased them in and out on a wave format.

Chains are awesome and seem to be able to be used longer term, bands seem to create so much soreness and fry my nervous system after maybe a month. Definitely both fun things to keep things fresh and add a new spin to things. What about you fellas?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Forged View Post
    Anyone here use bands or chains? I started using them in high school for sports (explosiveness, starting hard out of the bottom) and have continually phased them in and out on a wave format.

Chains are awesome and seem to be able to be used longer term, bands seem to create so much soreness and fry my nervous system after maybe a month. Definitely both fun things to keep things fresh and add a new spin to things. What about you fellas?
    I love incorporating chains to help break lifting stalls and to focus on lockouts. Bands on the other hand... I need to start working with them to help flexibility

I use bands literally every workout. I'm a home gym guy and I don't have cable machines. It's all iron or bands for me. Sure I have to get creative as fuck but I've found some amazing variations using free weights combined with bands. I may not be able to push 350lbs on bench but believe me, if I grab ahold of something, its mine unless I decide to let it go lol. I think I can attribute all of the band work to that.

Good to hear, I feel like a lot of guys shy away from stuff powerlifters have been doing forever (acc resistance, board presses, pin pulls, etc). Variety is the spice of life lol

I use bands a lot on chest and leg days. Talk about killing them legs dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles87 View Post
    I use bands a lot on chest and leg days. Talk about killing them legs dang.
    Those are 2 of my favorites to work with bands too. I love quad kickouts and hamstring curls with resistance and lately I've been using bands with dumbbells for a press/fly combo and its murdering my chest.

Completely agree on chest and legs, I band some back movements, but a lot of rows seem to smoke my biceps early with decent band tension. Deadlifts are awesome with either, I donít know if itís a CNS thing or the ole placebo acetate, but I can feel myself become more explosive when pulling a few sets of doubled up chains.