Apex Peptides
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    4

    Percentage workout???

    Is it better to find your ormís and workout using percentage like starting off with 65% and increasing every week or every other week? Or jus to find a weight your comfortable with. I see a lot of people that seem to jus wing it in the gym and Iím Jus wondering.

  2. #2
    M&S Veteran BigBusiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,451
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonis87 View Post
    Is it better to find your ormís and workout using percentage like starting off with 65% and increasing every week or every other week? Or jus to find a weight your comfortable with. I see a lot of people that seem to jus wing it in the gym and Iím Jus wondering.
    Using percentages are not always ideal, because some days your stronger than others...especially when dieting. I always use rep ranges and progressive overload instead of percentages

  3. #3
    Berserker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    28
    That's a pretty broad question bro. Percentages are great to figure out starting points but obviously some days your 60% might feel like 80%. Or deep into a cycle your 80% might start feeling like 60%. Also the goals that you are trying to achieve will dictate the weight, reps, sets, exercises etc. Different workout routines or pro****s might require certain percentages to again help you achieve a certain goal. Like the RP1 routine on the site here ... https://www.muscleandscience.com/thr...ok-Like-a-Hero ... or in comparison to the John meadows pro****s I've been using he rarely mentions percentages. He might just say ok take a weight that might seem hard to get 5 sets with.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator twisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10,108
    Rep Power
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Using percentages are not always ideal, because some days your stronger than others...especially when dieting. I always use rep ranges and progressive overload instead of percentages
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    That's a pretty broad question bro. Percentages are great to figure out starting points but obviously some days your 60% might feel like 80%. Or deep into a cycle your 80% might start feeling like 60%. Also the goals that you are trying to achieve will dictate the weight, reps, sets, exercises etc. Different workout routines or pro****s might require certain percentages to again help you achieve a certain goal. Like the RP1 routine on the site here ... https://www.muscleandscience.com/thr...ok-Like-a-Hero ... or in comparison to the John meadows pro****s I've been using he rarely mentions percentages. He might just say ok take a weight that might seem hard to get 5 sets with.
    We have a good crowd/community these days always willing to share info and there experience....thanks guys

  5. #5
    Berserker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    We have a good crowd/community these days always willing to share info and there experience....thanks guys
    That's why we're here bro! No need to thank us but we appreciate it Sir.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    4
    Thanks guys! Yea I can tell some days Iím stronger and some days Iím not so stong. Right now Iím trying to build muscle and keep the fat off at the same time. Over the past few months itís been hit or miss with the workouts. I read a lot of stuff and when I try something it seems like when Iím halfway into it Iíll read something or see a post and itís telling me to do the exact opposite. I stared with the core lifts: bench, squat and deadlift. I got my orm in those and I would do percentages of my core lifts and after that I would drill that area with weights I felt comfortable with doing 4-5 sets with reps between 8-12. Is that a good start for starting out again? Iím 30 years old, 6í, and 206.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    10
    If I tried to push the same weight every day I wouldn't be able to do it. Strength changes day to day from multiple factors. I don't care how much I'm pushing, as long as I work it till muscle failure after around 8-12 reps every set. That for me is the key.

  8. #8
    Berserker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandonis87 View Post
    Thanks guys! Yea I can tell some days I’m stronger and some days I’m not so stong. Right now I’m trying to build muscle and keep the fat off at the same time. Over the past few months it’s been hit or miss with the workouts. I read a lot of stuff and when I try something it seems like when I’m halfway into it I’ll read something or see a post and it’s telling me to do the exact opposite. I stared with the core lifts: bench, squat and deadlift. I got my orm in those and I would do percentages of my core lifts and after that I would drill that area with weights I felt comfortable with doing 4-5 sets with reps between 8-12. Is that a good start for starting out again? I’m 30 years old, 6’, and 206.
    Let's not really over complicate something like lifting weights. The more weight you can lift combined with the more reps you can do with that weight per set, the more your muscles will grow.

    A great way to push plateaus or push for hypertrophy is of you can do more than 14 reps of any exercise with weight on your last set, you need to add weight. When the added weight drops you back down to say 8 reps, then you're back on track to gains. When the reps get back up to 14, add more weight.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    4
    Great advice Iíll definitely be using that. Thanks a lot guys this really is a great board!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Pre-workout Drinks : What'd Ya Got?
    By draxxus9801 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 01-04-2015, 05:52 PM
  2. Good post workout drink?
    By rcaskey41 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 09:45 PM
  3. Is this a decent workout routine?
    By viperbluelx in forum Weight Training
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 09:04 PM
  4. Should your workout routine be altered when on a cycle?
    By viperbluelx in forum Weight Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 11:48 AM
  5. Im gonna video my bench press workout today
    By Strongbow in forum The devils playground
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 12:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •