Apex Peptides
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stonhous3535 View Post
    I think Achilles mentioned but timing is a big portion of it. Taking in carbs at specific times pre and post workout to restore glycogen stores in your muscles, a complete protein for rebuilding muscle, prevention of catabolism, and absorption of the amino acids from the protein are very important .
    You are correct, timing is crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsane504 View Post
    It's just like all those guys eating whatever they want big Macs double stacks fried chicken and they're shredded with a 6 pack but doesn't mention all the growth and tren and t3 they're taking then u get a guy not on nothing trying it and looks like shit and can't figure out why. Plus one of the biggest things about leaning out has always been decreasing meal portions and increasing meal frequency and it works so no way could u eat one big meal a day and have a metabolism worth a fuck. But I do agree with Fit that if you're lifestyle doesn't permit u to eat every 2 or 3 hours then at least do what u can it's better than nothing.
    Actually intermittent fasting does work and you can get by eating 2-3 meals during feeding time. Eating small meals every 2-3 hours will increase your metabolism but will also make your organs work harder and maintain insulin levels high so there are pros and cons to it. I have done the whole 5-6 meals per day and it was good at first until I started having health problems. I have been training since my late teen years, AAS since age 29 and now in my early 40s I just focus on longevity and taking care of my health.

After trying different nutrition habit practices I am now sticking to time restricting feeding instead of IF and works well for me, I also found that HIIT training, cardio specifically helps speed up the metabolism and also elevate natural GH levels.

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Oh bro I might know who your talking about lol. If so she thinks some something special to and the other coaches laugh at her ass.
    Dude, thatís funny shit! I bet there are a ton of people out there pretending they are something they arenít.

Eating every 3 hours will promote muscle protein synthesis as long as you are getting quality protein high in leucine. It takes between 2.5-3 ****s of leucine to turn on MPS via the mTOR pathway. That equates to somewhere around 20 - 40 ****s of protein depending on age. Another thing to remember
    concerning meal timing is that your body's amino acid pools only store protein for about 3 hours before it needs to be resynthesized, hence the eating every 3hr practice.

M&S Veteran
    I do intermittent fasting and I like it. I'll have my last meal about 2 hrs before bed, then I won't eat till around noon, then I eat non stop again till 2hrs before bed. Kinda gross, but this way I get a few really good poops in the morning, then I'll get really hungry. Where as if I eat breakfast first thing I just feel bloated all day and don't get a good poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
    I do intermittent fasting and I like it. I'll have my last meal about 2 hrs before bed, then I won't eat till around noon, then I eat non stop again till 2hrs before bed. Kinda gross, but this way I get a few really good poops in the morning, then I'll get really hungry. Where as if I eat breakfast first thing I just feel bloated all day and don't get a good poop.
    How many meals do you eat once you break your fast? Fasting is great and won't get you into catabolic state like some may think, HIIT cardio also helps preserve muscle.

M&S Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
    How many meals do you eat once you break your fast? Fasting is great and won't get you into catabolic state like some may think, HIIT cardio also helps preserve muscle.
    About 5 on most days when I have a lot of time, but at least 3 big meals if I'm busy with shakes in between each meal

Quote Originally Posted by Jman405 View Post
    Is this still the norm?....personally I do it.... a loud utuber ("ceooooo") says it doesnt matter as long as u get the amount u need in......so,would this mean I can fast for say 6 hours then eat every hour to make up for the time not eating?.......just want to see some opinions on his thinking........If I dont eat every 3.....hours I start feeling it.....I can go maybe 4 hours w/ out eating but.... thanks
    Personally I eat 2 or 3 meals a day.
    I prefer to workout and do my cardio around 12p fasted leaving me plenty of calories to consume for my first meal of the day. I am currently on a cut between 1990-2150 cal/day. I can have those cals in 5 meals or 2 meals. At the end of the day the calories consumed are determining my weight loss. Currently 20 lbs down in 2 months with calorie control, a solid macro split, and consuming chikfila after all of my workouts. Cheers.

I am ONE HUNDRED PERCENT with Achilles here. Frequent smaller portions throughout the day to keep the metabolism burning is the most effective way. I am on 6 meals per day now which consists of eggs, tuna, turkey, red meat before bed, rice, and broccoli. I am less fat now than when I was eating less frequently. Larger meals less frequently during the day will ALWAYS be inferior. I use protein shakes immediately after my training sessions. That is it. They are not a staple and ONLY a supplement. If you are using protein shakes to hit your macros daily for protein intake because you are skipping whole food options you are doing it all wrong in my opinion.