Apex Peptides
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Samsonís Husky to Healthy Log

Itís time for me to start a log on here to help myself with accountability. Iíd like any feedback, help, and critiques anyone may have.

My history: Iíve worked out for years. I was in the best shape of my life at around age 20 or 21. Then I met the girl that became my wife. Ate like shit, didnít workout much for a few years and got myself up to 400+lbs. I tried diets and lifting. The weight went up and down. I finally realized a couple of years ago that I didnít have to make a diet change so much as a lifestyle change. Iíve played around with Test only cycles a few times over the years, but nothing too serious. Iíve only started cycling with different compounds in the last year. I lost quite a bit of fat and muscle to go along with it. Thatís why I started to add a few different compounds to my journey.

Current stats: 36 years old, 267.4lbs at 5í10Ē, and 23% body fat.
    Attachment 6567
    Right arm(flexed)= 18Ē
    Left arm(flexed)= 18Ē
    Chest(arms down and rested)= 50 1/2Ē
    Around fattest part of belly= 47 3/4Ē
    Right thigh= 28 1/2Ē
    Left thigh= 27 3/4Ē
    Right calf= 17 1/2Ē
    Left calf= 17 1/4Ē

I donít weigh myself much anymore. I like to measure and get Dexa scans to see where Iím at. So far, this year Iíve lost 8.7% body fat and gained about that much in lean muscle. I donít really like those numbers because I know I could have worked harder.

How I eat: I keep myself in ketosis by eating higher fats. I really suck at keeping up with macros but, with my wifeís help, Iím trying. I eat around 2,000 calories a day with very little to no carbs. It works for me. Makes my workouts suck but I push through. I will usually have a cheat meal once per week.

Workouts: My work schedule screws me a lot but I get them in. Days off will change and sometimes I have to alter my routine, but it looks like this:
    Chest
    Back/Rear Delts
    Legs
    Shoulders
    Arms
    I throw in abs somehow in every workout. I need to add cardio. I really only have time for cardio first thing in the morning but Iíve been being a lil bitch about that here lately.
    Attachment 6568

Brotha that is absolutely spectacular in what you have accomplished. Keep up the great work. I'm definitely subbed for this log. Dont be hard on yourself your an inspiration and a show of will power bro!!!!

A true fuckin inspiration bro. I'm glad you're starting a log. It definitely helps to keep you on track, keep you inspired and offers a look back. Keep up the great work!!

Thanks, guys. You know we are our own worst critics. I know I’m capable of more just kinda fell in a funk for the past couple of months.

Last nights workout:
    Back and light rear delts
    -Cable lat pullovers for warmup
    -Pull-ups, 50 did about 12 on my own then went assisted.
    -Bent over barbell rows
    -Cable rows
    -Lat pull downs alternating behind the head and to the face
    -Single arm pull downs
    -Rope face pulls from up high
    -Rope face pulls from low
    -Smith machine shrugs

We all go through that sometimes. Hell, just this year I quit lifting and eating right for like a month straight with not a care or reason in the world. I just did. Granted I jumped back in but it happens bro.

Said it before man your progress is amazing. Iíll be following.
    KEEP IT TECHNO

Quote Originally Posted by Fitraver View Post
    Said it before man your progress is amazing. I’ll be following.
    Thanks, now I can sub-in on some of y’alls logs. Never thought it was right to do so without a log of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Thanks, now I can sub-in on some of yíalls logs. Never thought it was right to do so without a log of my own.
    More the merrier. I welcome any conversation in mine!
    KEEP IT TECHNO

Im following along broski.....nice journey so far....hats off to ya

Hump day ass gains! Worked legs with the Mrs. tonight. I fuckin hate leg day lol. We tried to concentrate more on glutes. The wife started her first Var cycle and I’m trying some new stuff for her.

Lying leg curls: 2 warmup sets of 25, then 4 working sets of 10. Squeezing at the top and holding on the way down.

Abductor machine: never done this one before. I was there for more of a supporting role. I did 5 sets with the whole stack 10-12 reps. I have to say I felt muscles in my ass I didn’t know I had.

Fuck Thrusts(hip thrusts): On the smith machine, 2 warmup sets then 4 working sets with 3 plates both sides.

Squats: bar for 12, 135 for 12, 225 for 8, then 4 working sets of 315 for 6 reps. I’m still trying to get comfortable under the bar. I slipped a disc a few years back and it still has my head fucked up.

Leg extensions: 140 for 4 sets to complete failure. After the 4th set I dropped the weight in half and did 2 more sets to failure with the left leg only because that little bitch needs to grow!

The wife finished up on the kickback ass machine while I watched.

Calories for the day are 2,015
    fat 64%, protein 26%, carbs 11%
    *I ate more carbs today for leg day.
    1 1/2gal of water

Bro I used to HATE leg day. But somewhere along the lines I learned to love it. Trying to better myself each time and get stronger and stronger. Seeing definition come through. Youíll get there. Itís hard tho for sure on low cals.
    KEEP IT TECHNO

Sorry bro, I'm late to the party but here now. Progress is one of the best I've seen on the forums...great work and keep pushing.

Bro I used to HATE leg day. But somewhere along the lines I learned to love it. Trying to better myself each time and get stronger and stronger. Seeing definition come through. You’ll get there. It’s hard tho for sure on low cals.
    You've gone mad along the way you mean...legs day still horrible but I'll agree its less horrible than it use to be lol.

Bro I used to HATE leg day. But somewhere along the lines I learned to love it. Trying to better myself each time and get stronger and stronger. Seeing definition come through. Youíll get there. Itís hard tho for sure on low cals.
    Itís just that I have always had big defined legs. So, Iíve never needed or wanted them. Guess thatís why I say hate, because they get worked because I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Sorry bro, I'm late to the party but here now. Progress is one of the best I've seen on the forums...great work and keep pushing.
    Thanks for the kind words, bro! It’s a grind for sure.

Morning fellas. It’s gonna be a long day...my legs are killing me! Shoulders tonight, though!

Morning bro, that's just gainz letting you know they are there.

Morning brother.
    KEEP IT TECHNO

I really didn’t want to go to the gym tonight but went and killed shoulders. Pretty sure I dislocated my ass yesterday working legs! Lmfao!

Laterial raises: A lot of warmups, then 3 working sets of 8 followed by a drop set where I just go all the way down the rack from the 50s to the 20s

Upright rows: 100lbs 3 sets of 10

Front raises: I go light and didn’t even count. Went to failure for 4 sets.

Side laterial raises: with the dumbbells at my side, again light weight to failure for 4 sets.

Rear delts: sitting flys, 70s 3 sets of 8

Shrugs: hold at the top for as long as possible and go to failure. 4 sets

Calories are at 1536(didn’t have much time to eat today) carbs=26%, protein=29%, fats=45%. I ate more carbs than I should have today but it made for some nasty pumps in the gym. Water was 1 gallon.