Muscle and Science

back from shoulder surgery

Been down from a bad shoulder surgery since April!! Back at it for 2 months and making some great gains! Trying to get the round look back in my shoulders. Im 6'1" at 327. Im gaining my arms back. Check out the horseshoe in my tri's. Have a strongman comp coming up in January. Lots of strength to gain back but Ill get there!! WHat you guys think?

robarm.jpg

Not bad sir. Not bad... I too have rocked a powerbelly at over 300lbs in the past lol
    FB_IMG_1571031520712.jpg

I will say be careful coming back to the strength too quickly. I've had constant issues with my shoulders over the last decade all stemming back to the original pressing injury. I simply can't train for strength anymore..too many injuries. Good luck returning from your recovery phase

I appreciate the advice. I’m feeling good. This is the second shoulder surgery, one on each shoulder. Nice power belly by the way, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenolin View Post
    Not bad sir. Not bad... I too have rocked a powerbelly at over 300lbs in the past lol
    FB_IMG_1571031520712.jpg

I will say be careful coming back to the strength too quickly. I've had constant issues with my shoulders over the last decade all stemming back to the original pressing injury. I simply can't train for strength anymore..too many injuries. Good luck returning from your recovery phase
    Hats off to ya adrenolin
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I appreciate the advice. Iím feeling good. This is the second shoulder surgery, one on each shoulder. Nice power belly by the way, lol!
    Wat up jacked ease back once your cleared ....dont do what I do and thats ignore dr orders and jump back in full force....lol

FB_IMG_1571031520712.jpg

You sure looked like a powerlifter then, haha. Good you went the lean way and you look great in your avatar. How long ago was that pic?

On topic, take it nice and slow OP...shoulder surgery is a toughie but if recovery protocol is followed to the T you should be able to take part in that strongman meet. But if you are willing to wait I think you can do well for a meet later in the year as January isn't that far off and the more time spent rehabbing and rebuilding you should be in much better shape for a summer meet.

Good luck on the recovery.
    Persistence is strength

Powerlifting is hard to walk away from, but it tore me up. Just ease in to it, brother. You still have great size... and a damn fine beard too, sir! Lol
    January is right around the corner. Don’t try to rush yourself. More setbacks have a way of mindfuckin ya! Wish you the best of luck, bud!

FB_IMG_1571031520712.jpg

That’s a helluva transformation, Adrenolin! Nice work!

I hear ya, guys!! Thanks for the support and insights!! I am now looking at my first comp set in March. As for the recent pic in this thread, It was taken just the other day...

Doc cleared me this last week. He said I am released to go full back at it... thanks for the advice, bro!!