Muscle and Science

Flex wheeler had leg amputated!

Not sure if its been talked about on here yet but just seen on nicks strength and power that flex wheeler had emergency surgery and had a portion of his leg amputated. Thats about all i know not much detail on exactly what happened but when i seen it i had to post it . Im a huge fan of flex wheel when i first started bodybuilding he was everything i wanted to look like. Definitely hope its not as bad as it sounds and that he makes a speedy recovery.

Damn that sure does suck. Wonder the cause might be some nasty infection?
    Persistence is strength

Saw this and my heart sank for him. He's very positive though in life so I bet it won't stop him.

Oh man, I've met him a few times and hes a really down to earth guy. I hate to hear this.

Seen an update yesterday saying it was his right leg and it was cut off right below the knee. I guess if i had to have my leg amputated that would be the ideal spot. That 1 legged monster guy lifts some hella weight so hopefully he sees it could always be worse, poor guy cant catch a break though hes went through some shit with his health!

Yeah tough news. He was one of my favorites growing up along wt Levrone. I hope everything goes well. He has been through alot since his accident

I was watching a Stan efferding video on YouTube awhile back. He was talking about how he spent 10 years chasing a pro card but couldn't place high enough, so he hired flex to train him for 3 or 4 months for an ungodly price like 30 grand I think he said. He said flex wouldn't allow him to bench press, squat, or do deadlifts and rep range had to be in the 20's... After that training he got his pro card

Quote Originally Posted by Cmb5017 View Post
    I was watching a Stan efferding video on YouTube awhile back. He was talking about how he spent 10 years chasing a pro card but couldn't place high enough, so he hired flex to train him for 3 or 4 months for an ungodly price like 30 grand I think he said. He said flex wouldn't allow him to bench press, squat, or do deadlifts and rep range had to be in the 20's... After that training he got his pro card
    My first coach for my first bodybuilding show was Porter Catrell and every set had 30 reps and i was so hard full and dense looking and the only drugs i took was test prop 100mg eod and winny 50mg waterbase eod but my diet was salmon and brown rice 6 times a day i still think it was the best program i ever ran i was only 19 i think my stage weight was like 217 if i wouldve done that 30 rep protocol when i was 260 i wouldve looked crazy so that shit definitely works!

Flex had his right leg below the knee amputated after complications from a vein graft they did 15 years ago when he was having kidney issues. They grafted a vein from his leg and he's been battling blood clot issues since then, and finally got to the point where it deteriorated to the point that surgery and amputation was the only option. Sucks man good dude and one hell of a physique

Flex Leg.jpg