Muscle and Science
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plant based

Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    You all can have that shit ....plant based meat lmfao wtf gtfo ...I can just imagine whats in it and how much bullshit is use to make it look like meat hahahaha ....ummm remember slime ....cmon guys I dont buy any good talk about it....all fillers and garbage ....I read an official interview they wont discuss whats in it haha....

I will stick to meat ....lord only knows whats in it ....you see what food industry is already capable of and this is just one more product loaded with artificial shit that will end up getting us all sick one way or the other....
    Nobody said nothing about plant based meat bro, i dont even know wtf that is. I was talking about a plant based diet as in organic veggies, nuts and fruit but still having a steak or chicken here and there also. Im not even sure i could give up meat, its just a diet that i know is healthy and my lipid panel is all fucked as is my bp and liver so for me this would be beneficial, on paper at least. Definitely no processed shit at all either. I say watch that movie so you are more informed as thats the only reason im even considering this type of change in my life.

If you eat leaner meats, no processed foods and fresh produce you'll literally go back to eating how our grandparents did lol. All my grandparents and great grandparents lived past 80 and my gma is still alive. So you don't have to go plant based entirely, but the most important thing is to find what works for you and get blood panels, blood pressure and all tests done twice a year to see how much it improves your health.

That would be one of my suggestions to Thisguyfromok, get a blood panel and baseline BP and let's see where it is in 6 months? Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I donít know about any plant based meat
    Iím wanting to eat more veggies.

I agree with staying away from anything processed. That shit is all terrible.
    Apparently everyone is talking about plant based meat...shit even burger king and dunkin donuts is selling it .....
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfOrDie666 View Post
    Nobody said nothing about plant based meat bro, i dont even know wtf that is. I was talking about a plant based diet as in organic veggies, nuts and fruit but still having a steak or chicken here and there also. Im not even sure i could give up meat, its just a diet that i know is healthy and my lipid panel is all fucked as is my bp and liver so for me this would be beneficial, on paper at least. Definitely no processed shit at all either. I say watch that movie so you are more informed as thats the only reason im even considering this type of change in my life.
    I read some posts that had meat in it and assumed it was same thing you were talking about ....hey you do whats best for you and have at it ....research is key ...apparently there is a new wave on plant based meat and thought this was same shit

Screw plant based!! There is that guy who claims to be the worlds strongest vegan, Patrik Baboumian! He has personally been challenged by Brian Shaw to try some lifts. Shaw has yet to receive an answer and the guy actually backed out from an invite by one of the Strongman Corps. Bottom line, you cannot grow and get crazy strength just eating plants!! Vegan and getting big and strong are not going to happen! Sorry! Ain't gonna work out that way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disarm View Post
    That would be one of my suggestions to Thisguyfromok, get a blood panel and baseline BP and let's see where it is in 6 months? Fair enough
    Oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Screw plant based!! There is that guy who claims to be the worlds strongest vegan, Patrik Baboumian! He has personally been challenged by Brian Shaw to try some lifts. Shaw has yet to receive an answer and the guy actually backed out from an invite by one of the Strongman Corps. Bottom line, you cannot grow and get crazy strength just eating plants!! Vegan and getting big and strong are not going to happen! Sorry! Ain't gonna work out that way!!
    If you are getting the carbs and proteins you need why not?

Everyones being brain-washed by this documentary. Comical....

There is decent research with plant based diets. Anti inflammatory reasons and IBS RELATED help. Is it the best thing since sliced bread no. Can we eat like disarm said, absolutely. It would be very hard to achieve most of our goals on pure plant based diets let alone you're also increasing carbs in higher plant based protein foods as well.

People been vegetarians for years... like a lot, but you don’t see many jacked vegetarians. I’m not a one sided person at all when it comes to trying new things. I just know it wouldn’t work for me. The problem with 99% of Americans intestinal problems are the type of foods they eat. Most of the US eat fast food at least 2 times a day... that ain’t meat.
    Last edited by Achilles87; 11-13-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles87 View Post
    People been vegetarians for years... like a lot, but you don’t see many jacked vegetarians. I’m not a one sided person at all when it comes to trying new things. I just know it wouldn’t work for me. The problem with 99% of Americans intestinal problems are the type of foods they eat. Most of the US eat fast food at least 2 times a day... that ain’t meat.
    Silverback Gorilla. Don't tell me they aren't jacked lol

In your Mom's backyard, cleaning her Pool...!
    Couldn't agree more..!

gettyimages-AB12986-1024x1024.jpg

'Size'

Don't ask the Question, If your 'NOT ' prepared to
    Hear the answer.......!,

I "Don't" sugar coat shit....!
    I'm 'not' Willy Wonka....!

Ya but we ain’t got the genetics of a silverback gorilla. we can’t really compare ourselves to other things. It’s just like a dog... feed a dog all plant based foods. It won’t work, now take a Belgian bull. Their genetic structure plays a big role in why they look like that. On top of that they don’t just eat grass.

a silverback gorilla will eat bugs but very little, so the majority of their diet is leaves and roots. However if they didn’t have the genetic structure they have they wouldn’t look like that.

Im not saying people will die from it, but to compare us to animals that eat plants ain’t really apples to apples.

Quote Originally Posted by 'SizeMatters' View Post
    Couldn't agree more..!

gettyimages-AB12986-1024x1024.jpg

'Size'
    Are we silverback gorillas though?

I resemble one when I donít shave! Lmfao

I do have some Grey hair on my back and I'm not even old lol. Is that proof? Hahaha

I do have some Grey hair on my back and I'm not even old lol. Is that proof? Hahaha
    Can your mouth open that wide as well lol?

Can your mouth open that wide as well lol?
    Don't even start lol