Muscle and Science

Umbilical hernia surgery

I have surgery scheduled in a couple weeks. I started a cycle 3 weeks before I got this hernia. I kept lifting after, Doc said it was fine, just be careful. Doc says after surgery I can't lift more than 10 lbs for 6 weeks. So obviously I won't be able to train. I'm wondering if I should just stay on my test cycle while recovering or just get off for 6 weeks. My cycle is only 600 mg of test per week and 2 iu gh a day. Do any of you bro scientists think the gh can help the healing or is that a myth?

It heals quick on its own so I wouldnít change a thing except save the test and just drop too 200 mgs while you recover then blast once your ready to lift again

i Agree, just cruise on your test and gh. No need to come off either one completely and it will just give you more time to keep the gh in you and it doing it’s magic.

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice.

I had inigual hernia surgery April of last year and I stayed on TRT and GH for recovery. Yours wonít be as bad as mine was but It still took 12 weeks before I could attempt to lift. Not trying to scare you but youíll feel that mesh forever bro. Itís just the new normal.

Yeah, there is plenty of clinical research on GH expediting healing in humans. Same with BPC-157 (in rats and rabbits)...works for me, though. The Test will help you from losing muscle and should help with recovery as well (at a cruise dose as mentioned above). Good luck and fast healing, bro!

Just taper the dose down until you are back in the gym, ive had numerous hernia repairs , one being an umbilical one, which only kept me out of the gym for two weeks, listen to your body.

Just had the surgery yesterday. Holy fuck was I sore when I woke up in recovery. My wife had to wait by my side all day yesterday. She had to literally pick me up out of my chair when I had to piss or move around. Last night she had to get me out of bed 3 times. Im pretty proud of her, she was a huge help. But I can't believe how much better I feel 24 hours later. I am still VERY sore, but I can get myself out of my recliner on my own now, which is a huge plus. My surgery was done robotic, so I have 2 small incisions that are pretty sore, but I guess the DR says that the way they sew it in is far superior to the old way and I shouldn't have any problems. He just said no lifting more than 10lbs for 6 weeks and encourages me to walk and move a lot.

Day 5 things get better bro. Itís a bitch trying to sit on a toilet....my wife had to help me it was very humbling!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Day 5 things get better bro. It’s a bitch trying to sit on a toilet....my wife had to help me it was very humbling!!
    Haha, had her help me on the toilet today and I couldn't even shit.. just sat there. I think this medication has me all bound up.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Meyer View Post
    Haha, had her help me on the toilet today and I couldn't even shit.. just sat there. I think this medication has me all bound up.
    Yeah man I had to take something to help and still it was 3 days. The pressure from the bloat was pushing so hard it was killing me, felt like a boulder and hard as a rock just pushing on the incision. Once you go its the biggest relief lol....I know its different for everyone but that surgery especially in the groin area was horrible for me. Nearly a year later won't lie man I still ain't 100% right.

Yeah man I had to take something to help and still it was 3 days. The pressure from the bloat was pushing so hard it was killing me, felt like a boulder and hard as a rock just pushing on the incision. Once you go its the biggest relief lol....I know its different for everyone but that surgery especially in the groin area was horrible for me. Nearly a year later won't lie man I still ain't 100% right.
    I think I lucked out and its behind the belly button instead of the groin. I can see how the groin could be a lot worse and be uncomfortable for a long time. Its be 4 full days since the surgery and Im feeling better. I had a little scare this morning. The wife decided for some reason she was going to push my buttons, and I got red hot mad. I was yelling and I attempted to lightly slap a empty jug of protein off the counter towards her direction. After calming down I was thinking i hope I didn't just rip my shit out. Im feeling fine now but I am slightly nervous, I think the yelling hurt my stomach worse than anything honestly. Women are seriously evil, she picked a fight for god knows what reason.. then when I got super mad, I became the bad guy. Oh well thats life I guess. I think im fine but I really need to be careful, ripping this thing out would not be good.

I've had 4 hernia surgeries. They heal very fast, just don't try to rush and do exactly what your surgeon says! Just go on a cruise of test at about 100-200mg a week til your ready to go lifting again. I did that with my surgeries and didn't lose but a few pounds of my gains, 2-3 pounds. Dont worry, you will not melt away! I promise! I was pleasantly surprised how much mass and strength I kept. You'll be fine, brother!!

MIne was in the abdomen, not like Jtip so Im sure there is a huge difference between the groin and abdomen. I didnt read Jtip's experince.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I've had 4 hernia surgeries. They heal very fast, just don't try to rush and do exactly what your surgeon says! Just go on a cruise of test at about 100-200mg a week til your ready to go lifting again. I did that with my surgeries and didn't lose but a few pounds of my gains, 2-3 pounds. Dont worry, you will not melt away! I promise! I was pleasantly surprised how much mass and strength I kept. You'll be fine, brother!!
    My surgeon insists on me nothing lifting anything over 10lbs for 6 weeks. So I am doing the right thing and listening to him. It just wouldn't be worth it having to go through this all over again. Its been almost 3 weeks, Ive lost some weight but I still look fine. I just bounce right back after a few weeks.