Muscle and Science
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Member Urban Meyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    42

    Corona virus, Thoughts?

    This shit is getting out of control. For something that has less of a mortality rate than the flu, people are sure freaking out. They are talking about canceling the olympics, Japan is considering canceling their baseball season, ect.. My 401 is down, not that I care that much its just money, it will come back. Im just hoping by summer this crap has all blown over. Im glad I have a decent supply of test at home. I am not sure how long this will effect international shipping.

    Mods, if that last part isn't ok delete it please.

  2. #2
    Administrator Achilles87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,524
    Rep Power
    10
    It’s definitely something that’s a big deal to me. I don’t think people are really thinking about it the way they should. It’s just another thing added on my list of reasons why the world is coming to an end lol.

  3. #3
    Administrator jtip1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    On a beach
    Posts
    14,838
    Rep Power
    10
    Honestly now is the time to buy some stock becuase it will bounce back lol. The virus itself is serious and getting more so every day but your correct at this time the death toll has been less than the influenza strain the past few years. All that leads me to believe the CDC knows more than they are letting on and that this could be the "black plague" of our time...or they like to panic the general public lol.

  4. #4
    Member TrainerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Chi town
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    22
    I know more than a few nurses, who work in major hospitals, this Corona virus , like everything we see on social media has been blown way out of proportion , there are many other things around that are much more deadly, my guess is big pharma is going to make huge money off a vaccination we will be seeing soon.

  5. #5
    Administrator Achilles87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,524
    Rep Power
    10
    I just typed a long reply and it didn’t post it and I really don’t feel like typing it back out because it was basically just a rant lol. The reason I think people should take it more serious than they are is because it shows how much we lack as a country and world in the importance of medicine and the medical field. I’m sure they have something that could fix this issue they are probably just trying to figure out how much money we are willing to pay for it if it kills off some more people and spreads around some more.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator twisted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,741
    Rep Power
    298
    Lol... Coronavirus is killing people and something we dont know much about , shit we dont even have a medicine in circulation that cures it....dont sleep on this guys!!! Be vigilant and wash hands ..its been out for 3mos and has spread....imo its was senseless creation or a non existent sickness we could of avoided....but hey lets open up all the borders and let everyone in USA ...SMFH

  7. #7
    Member Urban Meyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    Lol... Coronavirus is killing people and something we dont know much about , shit we dont even have a medicine in circulation that cures it....dont sleep on this guys!!! Be vigilant and wash hands ..its been out for 3mos and has spread....imo its was senseless creation or a non existent sickness we could of avoided....but hey lets open up all the borders and let everyone in USA ...SMFH
    This shows us how important border security should be.

  8. #8
    M&S Veteran jacked@44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Meyer View Post
    This shit is getting out of control. For something that has less of a mortality rate than the flu, people are sure freaking out. They are talking about canceling the olympics, Japan is considering canceling their baseball season, ect.. My 401 is down, not that I care that much its just money, it will come back. Im just hoping by summer this crap has all blown over. Im glad I have a decent supply of test at home. I am not sure how long this will effect international shipping.

    Mods, if that last part isn't ok delete it please.
    My daughter graduates med school in August. She said its less dangerous than the flu. Its just a virus strand that has surfaced after a long time and so the media is having a field day with it all! Its all BS!! The said we had a record death toll to the Flu A last year but it was barely mentioned. She said to wash your hands and keep them to yourself.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    39
    I work in the oilfield, and it's having a huge effect on us out here. China, being one of the biggest, if not the biggest importers of oil, has tanked oil prices. China has all but shut down, and it's taking its toll. For sure it's something to be concerned about, but IMO it's been a huge over reaction.

  10. #10
    MS veteran MindlessWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    118
    This also is a concern for me as I work in a hospital but lately I have been working from home 100% now after getting promoted to senior systems administrator. I now dread going onsite. Just recently bought a shitload of disinfectants and sanitizers just to protect myself.

    It will be a bad thing if I have to stop going to the gym as that's a big place to catch diseases and infections!
    Persistence is strength

  11. #11
    Member Urban Meyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My daughter graduates med school in August. She said its less dangerous than the flu. Its just a virus strand that has surfaced after a long time and so the media is having a field day with it all! Its all BS!! The said we had a record death toll to the Flu A last year but it was barely mentioned. She said to wash your hands and keep them to yourself.
    This is my take on it also. I am not worried at all about the virus. Old people I guess should be careful but they are already vulnerable to everything else anyway, so its nothing new. The shut down all the bars and restaurants in Ohio except for take out. Its beyond ridiculous. This can't go on much longer before something breaks. I won't even log onto my 401k account, I don't even feel like looking at it.

  12. #12
    Member Urban Meyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    This also is a concern for me as I work in a hospital but lately I have been working from home 100% now after getting promoted to senior systems administrator. I now dread going onsite. Just recently bought a shitload of disinfectants and sanitizers just to protect myself.

    It will be a bad thing if I have to stop going to the gym as that's a big place to catch diseases and infections!
    Seriously man, don't be afraid. You could have caught anything before.. today is no different than 3 months ago. The media just has you and a lot of other people scared. Seriously, all the hand sanitizer in the world won't do nothing, you will still get sick from time to time. This fear mentality is weak.

Similar Threads

  1. My thoughts on "Pro-Hormones"
    By robbiek426 in forum Pro-Hormones
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 01:24 PM
  2. What are your thoughts on Matt Hughes personality
    By MMA777 in forum Weight Training
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 09:00 PM
  3. Has anybody used liquid clenbuterol (thoughts on it??)
    By mat in forum Anabolic Steroids and PED's
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 01:56 PM
  4. My Next Cycle Thoughts
    By goldstone_77 in forum Anabolic Steroids and PED's
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 01:45 PM
  5. pct for sustanon 250 @ 500/weekly looking for your thoughts?
    By enrique777 in forum On Cycle Support / Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 06:02 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •