Muscle and Science

Corona virus, Thoughts?

This shit is getting out of control. For something that has less of a mortality rate than the flu, people are sure freaking out. They are talking about canceling the olympics, Japan is considering canceling their baseball season, ect.. My 401 is down, not that I care that much its just money, it will come back. Im just hoping by summer this crap has all blown over. Im glad I have a decent supply of test at home. I am not sure how long this will effect international shipping.

Mods, if that last part isn't ok delete it please.

It’s definitely something that’s a big deal to me. I don’t think people are really thinking about it the way they should. It’s just another thing added on my list of reasons why the world is coming to an end lol.

Honestly now is the time to buy some stock becuase it will bounce back lol. The virus itself is serious and getting more so every day but your correct at this time the death toll has been less than the influenza strain the past few years. All that leads me to believe the CDC knows more than they are letting on and that this could be the "black plague" of our time...or they like to panic the general public lol.

I know more than a few nurses, who work in major hospitals, this Corona virus , like everything we see on social media has been blown way out of proportion , there are many other things around that are much more deadly, my guess is big pharma is going to make huge money off a vaccination we will be seeing soon.

I just typed a long reply and it didn’t post it and I really don’t feel like typing it back out because it was basically just a rant lol. The reason I think people should take it more serious than they are is because it shows how much we lack as a country and world in the importance of medicine and the medical field. I’m sure they have something that could fix this issue they are probably just trying to figure out how much money we are willing to pay for it if it kills off some more people and spreads around some more.

Lol... Coronavirus is killing people and something we dont know much about , shit we dont even have a medicine in circulation that cures it....dont sleep on this guys!!! Be vigilant and wash hands ..its been out for 3mos and has spread....imo its was senseless creation or a non existent sickness we could of avoided....but hey lets open up all the borders and let everyone in USA ...SMFH

Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    Lol... Coronavirus is killing people and something we dont know much about , shit we dont even have a medicine in circulation that cures it....dont sleep on this guys!!! Be vigilant and wash hands ..its been out for 3mos and has spread....imo its was senseless creation or a non existent sickness we could of avoided....but hey lets open up all the borders and let everyone in USA ...SMFH
    This shows us how important border security should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Meyer View Post
    This shit is getting out of control. For something that has less of a mortality rate than the flu, people are sure freaking out. They are talking about canceling the olympics, Japan is considering canceling their baseball season, ect.. My 401 is down, not that I care that much its just money, it will come back. Im just hoping by summer this crap has all blown over. Im glad I have a decent supply of test at home. I am not sure how long this will effect international shipping.

Mods, if that last part isn't ok delete it please.
    My daughter graduates med school in August. She said its less dangerous than the flu. Its just a virus strand that has surfaced after a long time and so the media is having a field day with it all! Its all BS!! The said we had a record death toll to the Flu A last year but it was barely mentioned. She said to wash your hands and keep them to yourself.

I work in the oilfield, and it's having a huge effect on us out here. China, being one of the biggest, if not the biggest importers of oil, has tanked oil prices. China has all but shut down, and it's taking its toll. For sure it's something to be concerned about, but IMO it's been a huge over reaction.

This also is a concern for me as I work in a hospital but lately I have been working from home 100% now after getting promoted to senior systems administrator. I now dread going onsite. Just recently bought a shitload of disinfectants and sanitizers just to protect myself.

It will be a bad thing if I have to stop going to the gym as that's a big place to catch diseases and infections!
    Persistence is strength

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My daughter graduates med school in August. She said its less dangerous than the flu. Its just a virus strand that has surfaced after a long time and so the media is having a field day with it all! Its all BS!! The said we had a record death toll to the Flu A last year but it was barely mentioned. She said to wash your hands and keep them to yourself.
    This is my take on it also. I am not worried at all about the virus. Old people I guess should be careful but they are already vulnerable to everything else anyway, so its nothing new. The shut down all the bars and restaurants in Ohio except for take out. Its beyond ridiculous. This can't go on much longer before something breaks. I won't even log onto my 401k account, I don't even feel like looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    This also is a concern for me as I work in a hospital but lately I have been working from home 100% now after getting promoted to senior systems administrator. I now dread going onsite. Just recently bought a shitload of disinfectants and sanitizers just to protect myself.

It will be a bad thing if I have to stop going to the gym as that's a big place to catch diseases and infections!
    Seriously man, don't be afraid. You could have caught anything before.. today is no different than 3 months ago. The media just has you and a lot of other people scared. Seriously, all the hand sanitizer in the world won't do nothing, you will still get sick from time to time. This fear mentality is weak.