Muscle and Science

Thread: My Accutane run

My Accutane run

I talked about this on another board, I figured I should share it here for people's knowledge. My run got cut short because of my hernia surgery, I wasn't sure if it would interfere and I knew Id be on painkillers after so I didn't want to put that kind of stress on my liver. Anyway..I had horrible acne on my scalp, very painful. It started about 5 years ago and I was getting prescribed antibiotics that would get rid of it while taking them but then the acne would just come back. I also had some minor acne on my face, especially in my beard. So after being sick and tired of this shit I got some accutane on my own. I ran 20 mg for something like 60 days. The first 2 weeks it almost seemed to get worse, then after about 21 days I noticed it was clearing up. I haven't had a new zit on my scalp or face in almost 2 months. Because I had to stop early because of this surgery I am slightly worried about a relapse. But at this point if I do relapse it wont come back nowhere near as bad as it was. I read several studies on low dose accutane and it was reported the side effects and liver stress were almost non existent. The only side I noticed was chapped lips, which wasn't that bad. I can say 100% that this stuff is a miracle drug. Fuck wasting your time with anything else honestly. I know this was brief, if you have any questions I can try and answer, I did a lot of reading and now actually successfully ran the stuff.

Just go tanning bro, accutane is very hard on the liver, if you are on cycle I would put anymore stress on it, also get a shower back scrubber and use lever 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerGuy View Post
    Just go tanning bro, accutane is very hard on the liver, if you are on cycle I would put anymore stress on it, also get a shower back scrubber and use lever 2000.
    I already ran it. It was in my scalp so tanning did nothing and every soap under the sun did nothing. Accutane low dose has been shown to not be hard on the liver and has very little sides while still be effective. And I can say it's accurate because it cleared me up at a very low dose. A huge myth about acne is it's caused by poor hygiene.

Im glad it worked for you bro

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Meyer View Post
    I already ran it. It was in my scalp so tanning did nothing and every soap under the sun did nothing. Accutane low dose has been shown to not be hard on the liver and has very little sides while still be effective. And I can say it's accurate because it cleared me up at a very low dose. A huge myth about acne is it's caused by poor hygiene.
    I can definitely tell you I dont have bad hygiene and had/have issues with acne ....so I would say I agree its a myth ...maybe its some peoples case , but not mine lol....

Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    I can definitely tell you I dont have bad hygiene and had/have issues with acne ....so I would say I agree its a myth ...maybe its some peoples case , but not mine lol....
    I am def not saying bad hygiene can't cause it, I should have worded that better. I remember in the desert a lot of us soldiers would get shoulder acne and back acne from wearing our plate carriers for 12 hour shifts and sweating non stop. But for someone who has acne on their face or where ever and they shower regularly its not hygiene caused even though every one and their brother tries to recommend cleaning product A or B. From what I went through with my scalp, pain everyday, putting my hard hat on almost made me tear up some days. If a soap or a cleaning product would have actually helped I would have been all over it. I tried almost everything. The antibiotics worked while taking them but the scalp acne would come right back. The accutane has been a miracle. I actually think I had a very very small zit on the back of my head two days ago and its gone already, So that is 1 new zit since sometime in January. That is nothing short of amazing if you know what I was going through the past 5 years but mostly the past year. I do 100% believe I will have a small relapse because I didn't run the product long enough. I might get some more when the whole C virus bullshit is over just to have incase.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerGuy View Post
    Im glad it worked for you bro
    Thanks, I def would recommend a low dose run for anyone struggling. You only live once, having to deal with adult shouldn't even be a thing when there is a product out there that eliminates it.