Muscle and Science

Thread: Gym closures

Gym closures

All gyms here were closed by government order due to the ongoing pandemic, and I'm wondering how others affected by this are coping. I was mid-cycle (tren, test, eq) when this happened, and I'm having to make do with adjustable weights and a folding bench in my apartment personally.

I have a pretty nice set up in my garage. But I was out for 6 weeks, 4.5 left to go, because of surgery. I know some people who compete are secretly being allowed to train but your avg Joe is pretty much screwed right now. Closing gyms to me is overbearing, there is no reason for it. But again I think this entire thing is overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Meyer View Post
    I have a pretty nice set up in my garage. But I was out for 6 weeks, 4.5 left to go, because of surgery. I know some people who compete are secretly being allowed to train but your avg Joe is pretty much screwed right now. Closing gyms to me is overbearing, there is no reason for it. But again I think this entire thing is overblown.
    Pro's either have gyms like my coach or have friends that own gyms so they are still training. The rule to this point as I read was if its a "private gym" it was up to the owners discretion.

My gyms in my he city where I live are still open . 20 minutes down the road they have closed everything but grocery stores and pharmacies guess it’s just a matter of time . I worked out today in an empty gym and will continue I guess till I can’t

No gym = bs

Yea mine are closed and all the gym source places sold out quick and were forced to close for being non essential so Iíll have to get creative or give my body a break .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank zazz View Post
    My gyms in my he city where I live are still open . 20 minutes down the road they have closed everything but grocery stores and pharmacies guess it’s just a matter of time . I worked out today in an empty gym and will continue I guess till I can’t
    Lucky for now bro...they'll shut them down eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    No gym = bs
    No kidding bro, we can all go to Walmart and stand with 1000 people but fuck the gym....makes sense right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldjarhead View Post
    Yea mine are closed and all the gym source places sold out quick and were forced to close for being non essential so I’ll have to get creative or give my body a break .
    I got some adjustable weights and a treadmill at home so I'll get as creative as I can.

When I built my house, I put on a complete olympic gym. I have anything and everything you could want. I hate it for others but my wife and I are good to keep lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    When I built my house, I put on a complete olympic gym. I have anything and everything you could want. I hate it for others but my wife and I are good to keep lifting.
    Super jealous. Someday I will leave Manhattan for the suburbs and build a home gym for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Screw you man!!!

I have weights and bench at the apartment but I only worked out like once in last 5 weeks

I’m having a 35’ X 24’ concrete slab poured in my backyard soon for a 3 car garage. I have 3 cars with adding a 4th one sometime this year. I have no choice at the moment. A standard one car isn’t cutting it anymore. Playing musical cars is for the birds every damn morning...lol..
    Plus the cars sitting on the lawn longer than 3 days leaves tire prints of dying grass. The short story is one of the bays will likely hold a decent rack, weights and maybe a treadmill.

Can’t wait

Until a hardcore (ish) or serious gym opens in my area someday, I wont go to a commercial. Most are filled w/ retards...
    Life-long garage-gym trainer, always will be...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice set up brother

Luckily I set my son up with a basic home gym. So ive been training at the exes lol. Actually were both really enjoying the back to basics routines. been making some gains as well. its not all bad, but I do miss the scenery at the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
    Until a hardcore (ish) or serious gym opens in my area someday, I wont go to a commercial. Most are filled w/ retards...
    Life-long garage-gym trainer, always will be...
    Fantastic home gym!

I built a 16x10 shed 3-years ago and converted the 2-car garage into a home gym. Nice commercial half-rack, deadlift platform, GHR, dumbells and about 1,200 lbs of plates all slowly assembled from Craigslist. Iím very tempted to sell some of the plates I got for $0.50/pound for the crazy $1.50-$2.00 rate they go for on Craigslist right now.

I workout at home right now. There is no minimum time needed to burn calories, it's just a well-known myth/legend, every real pro fitness trainer will tell you you burn calories instead if u doing sport !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickier View Post
    I workout at home right now. There is no minimum time needed to burn calories, it's just a well-known myth/legend, every real pro fitness trainer will tell you you burn calories instead if u doing sport !!
    I also recommend figure out with flat belly fix https://sports-liputan6.com/the-flat-belly-fix-review