Muscle and Science

Revive this section

If anyone wants to start contributing in this section, Iíd be in to help revive it.

Iím really into it right now despite taking a long alcoholic break from athletics. Iíve been clean and sober for 10 years and I use powerlifting to beat the shit out of myself for all my previous mistakes.

Iím 270 lbs, squatted 525, benched 415, and a 600 lb deadlift. Pretty old though at 45.

Letís get this section going again. At one time it looks like guys were contributing a lot of cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaldBeardGuy View Post
    If anyone wants to start contributing in this section, I’d be in to help revive it.

I’m really into it right now despite taking a long alcoholic break from athletics. I’ve been clean and sober for 10 years and I use powerlifting to beat the shit out of myself for all my previous mistakes.

I’m 270 lbs, squatted 525, benched 415, and a 600 lb deadlift. Pretty old though at 45.

Let’s get this section going again. At one time it looks like guys were contributing a lot of cool stuff.
    Nice lifts for an old man lol....I'm not far behind you in age bro (42) so be careful with those big lifts. Injuries are a bitch!!

i Like to lift heavy, but I’m no powerlifter at all. I have seen some guys pull some crazy numbers and just be amazed how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Nice lifts for an old man lol....I'm not far behind you in age bro (42) so be careful with those big lifts. Injuries are a bitch!!
    Injuries are a bitch. I did a bench only competition in early March. After my 2nd attempt my lower back cramped up a bit. It didnít do that after my third attempt though and I felt fine.

Two days later I was warming up for a deadlift work out. Only had 275 on the bar when I felt something pull a little in my lower back. A day later I woke up with this:

With the medical buildings all closed up I couldnít have it checked out. So I decided to take a month off from deadlifts and itís fine now. No idea what I did though!

Injuries are a bitch. I did a bench only competition in early March. After my 2nd attempt my lower back cramped up a bit. It didnít do that after my third attempt though and I felt fine.

Two days later I was warming up for a deadlift work out. Only had 275 on the bar when I felt something pull a little in my lower back. A day later I woke up with this:

With the medical buildings all closed up I couldnít have it checked out. So I decided to take a month off from deadlifts and itís fine now. No idea what I did though!
    See thatís what Iím talking about man. Iím going for MRIís tomorrow damn knees and my bicep tendon and I wasnít lifting hard at all.

Injuries are a bitch. I did a bench only competition in early March. After my 2nd attempt my lower back cramped up a bit. It didn’t do that after my third attempt though and I felt fine.

With the medical buildings all closed up I couldn’t have it checked out. So I decided to take a month off from deadlifts and it’s fine now. No idea what I did though!
    Damn...hope you didn't tear anything there. How is it now?
    Persistence is strength

Revive this section

See thatís what Iím talking about man. Iím going for MRIís tomorrow damn knees and my bicep tendon and I wasnít lifting hard at all.
    Oh man, I had a real bad bicep strain 4 years ago. Thought for sure it was a tear. Luckily just a strain. But I couldnít use it for a year. I use dual overhand grip w/ straps for 90% of my deadlift work now. And I do curls ON deadlift day after deadlifts. Any tightness in the bicep makes deadlifts risky for injury.

Hopefully your MRI comes back clear. Injuries suck. Always something.

Oof, a bicep tear is always a looming fear for me when I pull mixed grip, so 99% of the time I just go with hook grip. Also, glad to see there are other powerlifters around, and great to see this board active!

Quote Originally Posted by P0N View Post
    Oof, a bicep tear is always a looming fear for me when I pull mixed grip, so 99% of the time I just go with hook grip. Also, glad to see there are other powerlifters around, and great to see this board active!
    I promise you that you don't a bicep tear brother! Did this in January and its only a partial tear but hasn't healed, I just had a PRP shot in it on Friday to speed up the process. If this doesn't work the only option I have left is surgery and I don't want that!! Its a nagging kinda pain that's there when you wake up and anytime I use that arm, which happens to also be my dominate arm so that's fun. Feels great when I forget and pick something up or move just wrong!! I'm just hopeful it heals by the time gyms open back up here!!

I promise you that you don't a bicep tear brother! Did this in January and its only a partial tear but hasn't healed, I just had a PRP shot in it on Friday to speed up the process. If this doesn't work the only option I have left is surgery and I don't want that!! Its a nagging kinda pain that's there when you wake up and anytime I use that arm, which happens to also be my dominate arm so that's fun. Feels great when I forget and pick something up or move just wrong!! I'm just hopeful it heals by the time gyms open back up here!!
    Damn, that's sounds insanely bad, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Man that looks painful. Hope you get healed up quick man.