Muscle and Science

Itchy nips from HCG?

Have any of you guys experienced itchy nips from HCG? I introduced HCG into a test e / tbol cycle at week 2, (now in week 5) @ 250iu 2x per week just to keep the boys swell. Almost immediately after my first sub-q, nips started to get irritated - I'm talking later that same night. I was running Aromasin 12.5mg ED and had to jump on Nolva also at 40mg per day to fix the issue. Backed off the nolva to 20 mg ED and now hesitant to restart HCG.

Goal of the cycle was to cut down BF% and retain strength for Powerlifting. Running a keto diet on 400 mg test e/wk and 4 week 60 mg t-bol kickstart. I've had no issues since dropping the HCG.

I can't figure out why I would have had such an instant reaction to the HCG on that dose of Aromasin and such a mild cycle. Is there any other avenue by which the HCG could cause gyno, other than increase in estrogen?

A few things I would be asking and that would be... is your aromasin good, is your test higher mg than it claims, and have you used hcg before? Hcg will help bring up natural testosterone making the boys full size. It will also increase progesterone and estrogen and can cause gyno or gyno symptoms. If your aromasin is bad or if you are sensitive to estrogen or have a higher estrogen level natural you might be having these symptoms.

I know for me my estrogen spikes more than it did 5 years ago and I need more ai than I used to. If you can get blood work that would be the best thing honestly and then we could help more.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles87 View Post
    A few things I would be asking and that would be... is your aromasin good, is your test higher mg than it claims, and have you used hcg before? Hcg will help bring up natural testosterone making the boys full size. It will also increase progesterone and estrogen and can cause gyno or gyno symptoms. If your aromasin is bad or if you are sensitive to estrogen or have a higher estrogen level natural you might be having these symptoms.

I know for me my estrogen spikes more than it did 5 years ago and I need more ai than I used to. If you can get blood work that would be the best thing honestly and then we could help more.
    Exactly what Achilles is telling you. Test, test, test...get bloodwork done! Also, I only use name brand ancillaries. I’ll spend way more on that than I ever do gear.

Only bloodwork will tell you for sure but Iím also guessing estro spike. Like achilles said could be low doses AI or overdosed test or you may just need more AI now. Do bloods to be sure and adjust from there.

Thanks for the advise. I would really like to use HCG if I can narrow it down. My plan is to get mid-cycle bloods done in a couple of weeks and compare to baseline. If I made an educated guess, I would suspect that the Aromasin is the culprit, maybe underdosed as it is indeed UGL, a reputable lab, but UGL nonetheless.

As you said Achilles, the problem was under-dosed Aromasin. Switched back to prescription Anastrozole and it’s all good. Guess I learned my lesson about UGL AI’s.

Cycle is going good now. Bumped dose up to 500 mg test c/week. Dropped the Tbol because I just wasn’t getting enough from it to justify continued use. End of week 6, BF% is noticeably down and hitting PRs every workout.

Awesome news man sounds like cycle is back on track to being a good one. I have used ug ai before with luck so I’m not saying they are all bad, but sometimes you take a risk with them. Estrogen levels up or down can really mess your cycle up and hurt your progress.

If you ever need anything feel free to ask man no matter how big or small.

Thanks a ton Achilles, Yeah I think this is going to be a good one. It’s the first time where I’ve had a very targeted/specific goal to gauge the success of a cycle and the total confidence in manipulating my diet to make adjustments. Y’all have a great Monday.

Awesome news, bro. Labs take out the guess work. Glad youíre healthy! Keep grinding!

Hcg aromatizes extremely rapidly. Also make sure your AI is real.