Muscle and Science

Thread: Bloodspot Tests

Bloodspot Tests

Any opinions about the at-home finger prick bloodspot panel tests offered by companies like RoidTest and some others? I don't think this is any substitute for a full panel, but I could see advantages to getting an easy reading on total T, E, and LH, especially for people who don't want to sit in LabCorp next to people getting Coronavirus tests. I could see a purpose for them in validating the quality gear, for example.

From what I know “and I am no doctor or lab tech” that small amount of blood wouldn’t be enough for me to trust. I’m not real knowledgeable on the actual test you are talking about, but I know a some people tried to make something similar for std and such “not just std’s but I think that was its focus” and it was shown it wasn’t enough blood to be tested. I think you need a few vials of blood to actually get it right, but again I’m not an expert on this subject.

If it is fact accurate on some level it will be nice and convenient....

I have one on the way to find out.

I've seen the test and wondered myself if it was worth trying. Let us know what you think when you get yours and I might give it a go myself.

Pretty sure I figured out why nobody uses these tests: I literally couldn't get enough blood out of my fingers to provide the requested sample size. They want you to fill up 12 seperate 3/4" diameter circles on a card with blood drops from your finger. You can't touch the card so you have to rely on drops falling after a finger prick (no prints). They provide you with two single-use lancets. I used the first and was only able to fill up 2 circles. Used the other one and filled up a 1 and a half. Then resorted to jabbing my finger with a 25g in an attempt to fill up the remaining until I ran out of enthusiasm. Much easier to go to Labcorp. Guess I'll chalk it up to a learning experience...

Thanks for sharing with us. I figured it would be something like that... not being able to get enough blood. A lot of these people that market stuff like this know this info they just simply don’t care.