Muscle and Science
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Log..

First Log..

So I have never done a log, but I feel it would be a good experiment for me and a learning process. I hope to learn from you guys along the way, and be consistent with my diet and training. I will log for about 10 weeks, maybe longer.. depending on what life brings me.. and the time..

For this log I will be running 600mg of test E and 300mg of DHB. I may up the dose of dhb to 400mg, but I like to run gear on the lighter side.. personal preference. . I will include 25mg of turinabol preworkout as well. My injection frequency will be 300mg of test Monday/Thursday and 150mg DHB likewise.

My split. Iím an ex boxer and my bones have taken a toll over the years.. I tend to stay in the range of 10 to 12 reps on all lifts and I always weigh to the lighter side of weights where I can focus more on tension and rhythm. I believe rhythm is highly underrated in the gym, and is a game changer.

Monday - chest/back

Wed - Legs/shoulders

Friday - arms

This is actually a classic bill pearl split.

Diet - this is the hardest thing I struggle with. I tend to overeat, and I get careless easy with my
    Diet... this is one of the main reasons for this log. Awareness of my diet, and training. My diet will try to consist of the classic bodybuilding foods. Whole grain pasta, steak, chicken, sweet potatoes.. ect, ect, I will try to stay away from sugar and simple carbs.

This is my first ever log, so any feedback or
    Advice I will gladly take in and learn from.

I will report back after my the gym tonight for Day 1

Thank you for your support.

Lol I just told someone in the gym the other day to find a rhythm on each motion and they will feel it more. Thought that was cool you brought that up. Good luck with the log and if you need any help don’t be afraid to ask. We are an easy group around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles87 View Post
    Lol I just told someone in the gym the other day to find a rhythm on each motion and they will feel it more. Thought that was cool you brought that up. Good luck with the log and if you need any help donít be afraid to ask. We are an easy group around here.
    Totally. One of my favorite old time gurus of the game is Vince Gironda. He emphasized rhythm. Itís been magic for me ever since.

Oh and for all the Meso heads here, Iím Mdrock98 over there.

Looking forward to seeing the progress, like Achilles said if you need any help don't hesitate to ask. There's a few guys/gals here have competed and know a lot about dieting...I'm just a fat old man but I know a little bit.

First Log..

Thanks. Iím looking foreword in learning from you vets.

Day one.

Pre notes.

Emotionally- hit the gym late. I had to take care of some things for my father and mother and Iím not complaining one bit. I thank god they are alive because they are both elderly and not in the best of health. I cherish every moment I get with them.

I didnít get as much sleep as I would have liked too Sunday night, well, just because itís Sunday and I had to be back to work at 5 am Monday morning. Ugh, the daily grind. Whatever... I know I need to get more hours of sleep at night and cut back on my alcohol intake. This I will try to work on during this log.

I hit the gym around 6 oíclock about 2 hours after my pin. 300mg test e/150dhb.
    I drank a ďreignĒ energy drink for a preworkout, but still dragged a little in my early stages. For some reason, I always start dragging in my workouts, then out of no where itís like I get my second wind. Strange.. sleep is definitely affecting my workouts...

Chest/back

Decline bench 10/8/6/15
    HexBar dead 4 sets of 8
    Hammer strength press. 4 sets of 12
    Hammer strength machine rows 4 sets of 12

Iím embarrassed to put my weight I pushed, because of my boxing past. I hit the road running for years and sparred in the ring, that my strength as a lifter took its toll.. Iím now just starting to get it back. If itís required, I will list my weight..

I finished up with 20min on the elliptical.

Diet was ok.. chicken salad wrap with coleslaw. I have some ice cream in my freezer and I hope to control my portions.

Conclusion... I always get a good second wind.. maybe because of my boxing days.. I canít wait till I regain my strength after all the years of running and boxing. Itís amazing the damage running does to ones body, especially the pavement.

Iím just grateful that I have a roof over my head, parents are still with me, and good food to eat.

Thank you guys.

Bro, never be embarassed of how much you lift...you muscles don't have eyes and as long as your using the correct method you will grow. I ask every young guy that comes up to me the same thing, do you want to be able to pick up a lot of weight or are you more concerned with looking like you pick up a lot of weight...It's 2 different things entirely. Let's be honest most of us get in the gym to look better and attract the attention of the opposite sex unless your married then you just want to stay marketable lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Bro, never be embarassed of how much you lift...you muscles don't have eyes and as long as your using the correct method you will grow. I ask every young guy that comes up to me the same thing, do you want to be able to pick up a lot of weight or are you more concerned with looking like you pick up a lot of weight...It's 2 different things entirely. Let's be honest most of us get in the gym to look better and attract the attention of the opposite sex unless your married then you just want to stay marketable lol.
    Thanks man. I hope to regain my strength I lost from all the wear and tear I put my body through when I was boxing. My knees, shoulders. I still get in a few spars from time to time, and hit the bag, but my heavy running and stressing over making weight is long gone. It has taken a toll on my body. I donít care about lifting a bunch a weight I just want to be stronger, and more solid all around. As for looks, I never looked as good as I did when I was 175lb shredded when I was fighting. Iím around 195 now. My main goal is to be overall strong, and feel good. My knees, shoulders, and back all have taken a beating from my boxing days.

Strong and feeling good are great goals to have magoo. Good luck with the log. Looking forward to following your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo85 View Post
    Thanks. I’m looking foreword in learning from you vets.

Day one.

Pre notes.

Emotionally- hit the gym late. I had to take care of some things for my father and mother and I’m not complaining one bit. I thank god they are alive because they are both elderly and not in the best of health. I cherish every moment I get with them.

I didn’t get as much sleep as I would have liked too Sunday night, well, just because it’s Sunday and I had to be back to work at 5 am Monday morning. Ugh, the daily grind. Whatever... I know I need to get more hours of sleep at night and cut back on my alcohol intake. This I will try to work on during this log.

I hit the gym around 6 o’clock about 2 hours after my pin. 300mg test e/150dhb.
    I drank a “reign” energy drink for a preworkout, but still dragged a little in my early stages. For some reason, I always start dragging in my workouts, then out of no where it’s like I get my second wind. Strange.. sleep is definitely affecting my workouts...

Chest/back

Decline bench 10/8/6/15
    HexBar dead 4 sets of 8
    Hammer strength press. 4 sets of 12
    Hammer strength machine rows 4 sets of 12

I’m embarrassed to put my weight I pushed, because of my boxing past. I hit the road running for years and sparred in the ring, that my strength as a lifter took its toll.. I’m now just starting to get it back. If it’s required, I will list my weight..

I finished up with 20min on the elliptical.

Diet was ok.. chicken salad wrap with coleslaw. I have some ice cream in my freezer and I hope to control my portions.

Conclusion... I always get a good second wind.. maybe because of my boxing days.. I can’t wait till I regain my strength after all the years of running and boxing. It’s amazing the damage running does to ones body, especially the pavement.

I’m just grateful that I have a roof over my head, parents are still with me, and good food to eat.

Thank you guys.
    Look into 400mgs of the dhb. That's what I bumped up to after 300mgs. I saw good results with little sides. Definitely a slower gainer but overall really good. There's a lot of about dhb with PIP. I didn't think it was that bad. Sometimes I'd get a lump but not often

Quote Originally Posted by WinnDixie View Post
    Strong and feeling good are great goals to have magoo. Good luck with the log. Looking forward to following your progress.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by stonhous3535 View Post
    Look into 400mgs of the dhb. That's what I bumped up to after 300mgs. I saw good results with little sides. Definitely a slower gainer but overall really good. There's a lot of about dhb with PIP. I didn't think it was that bad. Sometimes I'd get a lump but not often
    I will probably up it to 400mg after it saturates a little. I get a little pip, but nothing I canít handle. I ran primo ace before, and that was some major pip. Wow. I had to throw 3 vials away because 7 weeks was enough..

First Log..

Update

On my non lifting days, I try to get to the gym and do some cardio, regardless. I had an awful day, argued with my parents over money and spending, and really didnít want to do anything. I got myself the courage to go and it felt great. I hit the heavy bag for 6 rounds, 15 minutes of abb work, and I walked incline with a weighted vest for 25 min. anymore the gym is my safe haven.

Cheers. Keep fighting the good fight fellas.

I will probably up it to 400mg after it saturates a little. I get a little pip, but nothing I can’t handle. I ran primo ace before, and that was some major pip. Wow. I had to throw 3 vials away because 7 weeks was enough..
    Never throw bottles away. I'll take your primo lol

Quote Originally Posted by stonhous3535 View Post
    Never throw bottles away. I'll take your primo lol
    I'm also a big fan of Primo lol.

I enjoy primo E. I couldnít take the Pip from Primo Ace

Never tried DHB but I hear people compare it to Primo. Have you run it before?

I enjoy primo E. I couldn’t take the Pip from Primo Ace
    Only had Ace once and it was smooth but I do hear horror stories about others Primo ace. Now DHB...fuck that stuff I couldn't take the crippling pip.

Morning, bro. Welcome to the logs! This is your log, so you put whatever you need to say in it. There’s no requirements. Never be ashamed of how much you lift. I started going lighter and got better definition with far fewer injuries! Good luck and keep grinding!

Quote Originally Posted by jtip1810 View Post
    Only had Ace once and it was smooth but I do hear horror stories about others Primo ace. Now DHB...fuck that stuff I couldn't take the crippling pip.
    Iím the opposite. Primo ace had me crippled. Dhb, some but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Morning, bro. Welcome to the logs! This is your log, so you put whatever you need to say in it. Thereís no requirements. Never be ashamed of how much you lift. I started going lighter and got better definition with far fewer injuries! Good luck and keep grinding!
    Thatís what I experience as well.