Muscle and Science

Thread: Metformin users

Metformin users

I got some and I thought I was going to try 500 mg twice a day. Im just experimenting to see what it does for me. I heard its very safe and works well. I guess I was wondering if it would throw up any red flags on blood work. I have an appointment to draw blood in 2 weeks at the VA. Id like for my blood work to look good. Anyone want to chime in on their experience that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Meyer View Post
    I got some and I thought I was going to try 500 mg twice a day. Im just experimenting to see what it does for me. I heard its very safe and works well. I guess I was wondering if it would throw up any red flags on blood work. I have an appointment to draw blood in 2 weeks at the VA. Id like for my blood work to look good. Anyone want to chime in on their experience that would be great.
    The only thing metformin will do for you is lower your blood sugar level . 500 mg a day and ill guarantee you youll shit you're brains out 100 mg a day is normal
    What are you trying to accomplish sir?

Sorry typo and im drinking 1000 mg a day is normal but again what are your goals ?

Quote Originally Posted by The rock1 View Post
    The only thing metformin will do for you is lower your blood sugar level . 500 mg a day and ill guarantee you youll shit you're brains out 100 mg a day is normal
    What are you trying to accomplish sir?
    I read it was great for weight loss and keeping muscles full because you can still eat a decent amount of calories. I’m just cruising on low test, 1 shot a week. I thought adding this would give a nice boost. A lot of people rave about it. Maybe I’ll start out a lot lower of a dose.

I first heard about the effects of metformin on the steroids podcast, the host loves it. Then people like Marc Lobliner and Also Nick Walkers trainer mentioned that they like it. So anyway I was able to get some pharmacy grade for cheap so I said fuck it and bought 5 months worth lol.

Fyi i once upped it to 2000 mg a day and had terrible diarrhea no bueno ive used it for years at 1000 mg daily and its fine to control sugar levels if needed

Quote Originally Posted by The rock1 View Post
    Fyi i once upped it to 2000 mg a day and had terrible diarrhea no bueno ive used it for years at 1000 mg daily and its fine to control sugar levels if needed
    Do you think it has a place in keeping muscle while losing some weight? I’m thinking about trying to drop some weight, maybe get under 200lbs for the first time in 16 years. I’m just experimenting to see how my body reacts. I want to lose some weight and I thought this might help without having to cut all the carbs out.

Honestly low carbs cardio intermittent fasting all will prove to be healthier choices