Muscle and Science

Thread: Where to start

Where to start

What needs work and where to start? Goal is bigger stronger and leaner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210720_151646642.MP~2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	7599

Name:	PXL_20210720_151655206.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	7600

Too broad a question my brother. Key items is Diet and Training.Start researching different diets that meet your goals and different training routines.Personally I am always changing my routines to constantly shock my body and muscles.

But as for the lean goal you have, lots of cardio and tighten up your diet.You dont look bad brother and that little pouch ya got im gonna say the diet with take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZXRS5681 View Post
    What needs work and where to start? Goal is bigger stronger and leaner.

Name:	PXL_20210720_151646642.MP~2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	7599

Name:	PXL_20210720_151655206.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	7600
    You’re not too far off from leaning out. I wouldn’t focus on that now. Tune up the diet with complex carbs like sweet potatoes, rice, and oatmeal around your workouts along with high protein foods to fuel your muscles during training. What little fat you have will burn off as you gain muscle. Eat, train with lower reps/higher weight, and rest. Drink a shit load of water! You’ll get there pretty quick. Are you running or plan to run a cycle?

I'm on trt and am planning to just keep it simple and up my test a bit (thinking 500-750mg/wk) and see how it goes. As far as diet I usually try to keep it clean but have been throwing some junk in there just to maintain weight which I'm actually down nearly 20lbs in the last year and a half I was definitely a little soft back then (at the end of a bulk) but everything was filled out pretty well and I was happy with the strength. Gotta say once I turned 30 everything went to shit for me a bad breakup on my birthday, everything shut down for covid a couple months later, injury's, and lack of motivation at points.

Decided to stop focusing on strength rather not beat my body any more physically my max deadlift was 505 now I'm lucky if I can get out 325 without messing up my back have definitely seen a lot of the thickness in my back diminish since then.

Quote Originally Posted by ZXRS5681 View Post
    I'm on trt and am planning to just keep it simple and up my test a bit (thinking 500-750mg/wk) and see how it goes. As far as diet I usually try to keep it clean but have been throwing some junk in there just to maintain weight which I'm actually down nearly 20lbs in the last year and a half I was definitely a little soft back then (at the end of a bulk) but everything was filled out pretty well and I was happy with the strength. Gotta say once I turned 30 everything went to shit for me a bad breakup on my birthday, everything shut down for covid a couple months later, injury's, and lack of motivation at points.

Decided to stop focusing on strength rather not beat my body any more physically my max deadlift was 505 now I'm lucky if I can get out 325 without messing up my back have definitely seen a lot of the thickness in my back diminish since then.
    I wish I could say the injuries subside with age, but that would be a horrible lie! Lmao

A Test only run is perfectly fine. Get labs pulled regularly and fine tune your need for aromatase inhibitors or any other supplements you may need.

The older (and more injury prone) you get, you’ll figure out little tricks to keep adding muscle without the need to go super heavy. For instance, use straps while working back. Once wrapped up, take your thumb, pointer finger, and middle finger(if you can) off the handles. That will take your forearms and biceps out of the lift, therefore isolating your lats and enabling you to benefit from a much lower weight.

Diet is diet. You can only do what works well for you. The important thing is to stay at it and constantly try and improve the quality of food. There is an art and science to this lifestyle. If it were easy, there would be more people in shape.