Muscle and Science
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The word synthetic in general makes me cringe, do you not agree?

Idk, I mean we inject "synthetic" testosterone into us. I think the words "steroid compounds" make me cringe more bro. Neither myself nor my body are a chemist and do not intend to put concoctions of "compounds" into my body and expect it to make THE GREATEST STEROID KNOWN TO MAN (like my advertising pun?). Just doesnt work that way. Because the FACT of the matter is, if they did do what they claim to do then they to would be illegal and outlawed as an AAS. Just like they did with andro poppers.

^^ I'd do the real deal if I had a safe way of obtaining them... which I don't. so PH's it is!

It is not even a legality issue anymore. Many of the prohormones are no longer legal depending where you live. Thanks Mcguire and Sosa for that!

Steroids such as test, even low dosing dbol(30mg) I might add from experience I had no issues with....exceptional results and actually knew what I was taking...doing pro-hormones is like doing a chick at the bar without a condom, you dont know what your getting and your rolling the dice.

I'm sure a lot of lifters use PHs because they are easier to obtain. I personally have used PHs with ok results. My last PH cycle was a 1-Test, M1-T, and 4-AD combo (oral & transdermal). I know it sounds crazy, but I calculated the dose on the "safe side". I ran it for 12 weeks and put around 15lbs. Diet was key as well. The only side effect was high BP and crazy sex drive....lol I checked my liver enzymes near the end of cycle and was barely off, the doc said nothing to worry about. Also my lipid panel was within "normal range". I guess the supplements I took helped. However, of course the "real deal" is way better in regards of benefits against sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagorart View Post
    I think the legality is the biggest issue.
    agreed. I think a lot of people just use PH's because they are scared of the legal risks. I personally have tried PH's/Designers and Gear and I love them both. IronMagLabs has some great products out like Methadrol Extreme and Super DMZ. Ive seen great results with both.

completely agree with original post. only reason i use em is cuz i got fairly large stash from before i learned about my uncle

haha my bp actually got better on my first h drol cycle than it was off cycle. guessing its cuz of cycle support but still kinda weird

funny how unsafe ph's are legal and much safer test is not.... whats this world comin too

M&S Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cRizz View Post
    funny how unsafe ph's are legal and much safer test is not.... whats this world comin too

"What is safer...OTC or Blackmarket gear?"

In an attempt to undo the misguided perception often held by today's BB'ing populace, regarding the similarities/disimilarities between OTC products and Blackmarket gear, we will need to explore some of the issues in greater depth. For one, there are two types of steroidal products on the OTC market today, which are marked by distinct differences between them. One is called a "prohormone" (PH), while the 2nd is called a "designer" steroid (DS). Prohormones, which were the original steroidal products to enter the marketplace in the late 90's, are compounds which are required to undergo enzymatic conversion within the body, in order to have an anabolic effect. In general, these compounds are weaker than their active steroid cousins .The term "designer" steroid, as it relates to the OTC industry, came into being as a way to differentiate and put distance between legal OTC products and illegal blackmarket drugs, in order to minimze the possibility of legal action being taken against the manufactuer.

However, in reality, a designer steroid is simply another name for a "steroid". Both OTC designers and illegal blackmarket drugs are both 100% fully active oral steroids, which are in the same category of drugs, such as D-bol, Winstrol, and Anadrol, etc. Even still, this reality is often overlooked, which has led to many myths pervading the boards over the last few years. Make no mistake about it...there is NO difference between OTC products, such as SD, Dimethazine, and Epistane....and products such as D-bol, Anadrol, or Anavar. They are all regarded simply as methylated oral steroids and every aforementioned steroid in this post was first recognized and synthesized way back in the 50's and 60's by Big Pharma. Some of these steroids made it into production for human use in the U.S (such as Anadrol and D-bol), while others did not. Still, others were produced as veterinary drugs (Boldenone), and some others were produced as prescriptions drugs in foreign countrues (such as Dimethazine). Almost all of today's current steroids, whether illegal or OTC...whether they were approved for him use or not....were first discovered and subsequently written about by Big Pharma. Big Pharma made no distinctions between these steroids based on the previous modern categorizations. It's "us" who have done that....and unfortunately, many people on the various boards today attribute characteristics to each category, which often do not reflect the true nature of these drugs.

Each steroid must be individually evaluated, not segregated into classes based on legal or controlled status and then ascribed general chacteristics based on that status. Steroids are not a black and white category of drugs, and generalizations based on the aforementioned classes end up causing more confusion and misconceptions than understanding. After one realizes that all these drugs are nothing more than steroids, such an individual can then begin evaluating each steroid in turn, in order to conclude which drug might best for his needs. As for the oft pervading myth, which states that OTC steroids are more toxic than illegal gear, let is look at that false accusation a little more thoroughly.

First of all, in order to fairly compare OTC and illegal steroids against each other in tems of toxicity, one must first compare apples to apples. This means that one must understand what they're dealing with. OTC designers are largely comprimsed of methylated steroids. By nature, an oral steroid must be methylated in order for enough of the drug to survive the digestive process. Since OTC companies cannot legally market and sell injectable drugs, this limits them to producing steroids which can be taken orally...and hence, they are usually methylated. For this reason, it is unfair to compare them against an injectable drug, such as testosterone, and then say "OTC products are more toxic than blackmarket gear". Well, no shit a methylated steroid will be more toxic than a non-methylated drug. We could say the same about Halotestin and Testosterone. Now, while there are some non-methylated oral steroids available on the OTC market with a fair degree of potency, methylated steroids are by far the more potent of the bunch. This is no different with blackmarket gear. Almost all of our blackmarket orals are methylated. However, methylation by nature makes a drug more liver toxic (with rare exception).

Now, since both our OTC and blackmarket orals are almost all methylated...it only makes sense to compare OTC methyls to blackmarket methyls, when attempting to determine which drug might be more toxic than another. With equal footing present, each drug can then be evaluated individually for toxicity. Fortunately, there is quite a bit of both scientific research, as well as anecdotal reports out there, which can help us rather easily conclude which drugs carry a greater or lesser degree of toxicity. Once we begin to compare these drugs in this matter, it becomes clear that making a generalization, which states that OTC steroids are more toxic than blackmarket gear, is a simplistic and innaccurate myth which has ben tossed around the boards for years.

In truth, there are some OTC steroids which are quite toxic, while others are quite mild. It is no different with Blackmarket gear. An example of one of the more toxic OTC steroids (prior to being banned) is M1T. Not only is M1T very toxic...more toxic than almost any other blackmarket oral AAS, it is also the single most potent oral steroid ever produced and sold to the public (in terms of muscle building), including both OTC companies, Blackmarket dealers, and Big Pharma. Quite frequently, the more potent a steroid is, the more toxic it is. I don't have an explanation for why this is, other than to say that most oral AAS seem to follow this pattern much more often than not. Ironically, with so many people saying OTC gear is more toxic than blackmarket gear, one would think that OTC gear would hold the distinction of having the single most toxic AAS in existence, but it doesn't. That trophy is held by the blackmarket. Not only that, but the blackmarket also claims the top 3 spots for most liver toxic AAS. This is in no way a knock against the blackmarket...not at all (the blackmarket also contains the safest AAS). Rather, it is just a factual statment deisgned to dismantle the toxicity myth surrounding OTC gear.

Part of this misunderstanding is due to the limited number of effective OTC steroids available...and because the most toxic ones are also the most potent, they naturally become the biggest sellers...so when people think of OTC steroids, they think mostly of these products. Additionally, the majority of AAS users don't even think about blackmarket steroids such as methyltrienolone, which is many times as toxic as M1T, per mg...yet we still see the "toxicity" myth all over the boards. Once people start to broaden their perspectives on the subject, this myth may start to die out...hopefully.

In conclusion, it is absolutely true that any serious gear user will need to make non-methylayed gear their foundation, but in selecting which orals they will use (which can offer many benefits), one needs to take is consideration their wants, needs, and circumstances. Both the blackmarket and the OTC market offer some great oral AAS.

Last edited by Mike Arnold; 09-25-2011 at 05:22 AM.

This is a good post but most of the negativity about orals is comparing them to pinning. I would like to hear more about the health differences between the two. We know the issues with most orals. Are there health issues with pinning testosterone for many weeks on end? Such as permanently shutting down your test production?

if you can't grow off superdrol or a clone of it, you prob wont grow off dbol or abombs. Drol and Epi are legit IMO.

Now, while there are some non-methylated oral steroids available on the OTC market with a fair degree of potency
    Hey Mike,

Great post about the differences between OTC orals and black market orals. I was just wondering what the names of some of the non-methylated oral steroids that are fairly potent on the market right now? I'm preparing to do my first ever cycle and I haven't decided on which cycle to do just yet, but when I do I will post it. Thanks!

Bjjmatters

cant bring myself to pin yet

Tried quite a few prohormones over a couple years. The first, and honestly the best, I ever tried was the original superdrol. Responded great to it, though there were definite sides. Nothing else (legal) ever came close. All in all, there are just too many negatives to the few positives with prohormones IMO.

I keep reading these posts about sides being worse with ph's/Designer, but I don't know one person out of the two gyms I belong to that have had any problems with sides. I'll quesstimate 20-24 guys I know that use them and we're all pretty good friends so no reason for them to hide it. I've had nothing but good experiences with them. True I am not you and you are not me, nothing works the same in everyone, i'm just saying I personally don't know anyone that's had any major sides

Whiskey

Yea that and some r scared of the big bad "shot"

I ran a couple sd cycles before I finally stepped my game up

Quote Originally Posted by bigcivic View Post
    Yea that and some r scared of the big bad "shot"
    I can care less of the big bad shot.....call me a whimp but injecting something into my leg that was made is some dudes basement in India has a very uneasy feeling to it.